Page 102 of 153 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1527

Thread: Bigshot: The New Optimus Prime

Also, reading the mstrike code, it simply checks the cooldown. I might add a mstrike_stam to my local copy that does focused mstrikes as long as you have stamina and if not does a normal kill.

use case:
    hunting mob1, mob2 (b)
    hunting commands: wait 9, kill (x3) <--cookie cutter square
    hunting commands (b): wtrick feint target, mstrike_stam target (xx) <-- son of bitch ranger mob with spike thorn you want to vaporize

Anyone know why bigshot is ignoring peoples disks in the room? Tried a few different things but none of them seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Natso View Post
    Anyone know why bigshot is ignoring peoples disks in the room? Tried a few different things but none of them seem to work.
    No clue, it didn't work for me either so I had to end up writing my own hunting script. Which in retrospect was probably for the best.

4. Default

If it's only doing it in the first room when it starts hunting, that's a long standing, easily fixed, bug.

Around line 900 in the version I'm look at, change:
    Code:
            loop {
                while( (target = find_target(target, just_arrived)) && !should_rest? )
                    if( (Time.now.to_i - last_attack > 15) || just_arrived )
                        @followers.add_event(:ATTACK)
                        last_attack = Time.now.to_i
                    end
                    attack(target)
                    just_arrived = false
                    loot()
                end
                gather_ammo()

if(should_rest?)
                    break
                else
                    prepare_for_movement()
                    target = bs_wander()
    				sleep 1
                    just_arrived = true
                end
            }
    to

Code:
            loop {
                if(should_rest?)
                    break
                else
                    prepare_for_movement()
                    target = bs_wander()
    				sleep 1
                    just_arrived = true
                end

while( (target = find_target(target, just_arrived)) && !should_rest? )
                    if( (Time.now.to_i - last_attack > 15) || just_arrived )
                        @followers.add_event(:ATTACK)
                        last_attack = Time.now.to_i
                    end
                    attack(target)
                    just_arrived = false
                    loot()
                end
                gather_ammo()
            }
    If it's doing it all the time, it's probably because it's trying to ignore disks that belong to someone in your group, but it's sticking the group members name into a regex without checking if it's empty. The empty regex matches everything, and it assumes all disks belong to someone in your non-existent group.

Around line 1326 change:
    Code:
                next if GameObj.loot.find { |obj| (obj.noun == 'disk') and (obj.name !~ /#{group.join('|')}/) }
    to

Code:
                next if GameObj.loot.find { |obj| (obj.noun == 'disk') and (group.empty? or obj.name !~ /#{group.join('|')}/) }
    Last edited by Tillmen; 06-16-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    If it's only doing it in the first room when it starts hunting, that's a long standing, easily fixed, bug.
    When I used Bigshot it would totally ignore the person in the first room altogether, whether they were hidden or not. Other than that it always ignored people's disks.

6. Default

Wouldn't it be nice, Tillmen, if someone could just squash a bug like this and then pull request (or some other mechanic) it into the mainline repo so it's fixed for everyone and not have to wait until the OP actually fixed it?

For some of the stuff I have offered to pay something towards someone to keep it up to date and add the occasional feature.
    Chris

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by alkaloids View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice, Tillmen, if someone could just squash a bug like this and then pull request (or some other mechanic) it into the mainline repo so it's fixed for everyone and not have to wait until the OP actually fixed it?
    What you speak of is witchcraft!

I actually made a github account, and then got annoyed and went back to doing something productive. All my experience with git is just to download a snapshot of source code. It's going to take enough effort to figure out what I should be doing that it's on the to-do list instead of being done.

Also, it seems like you're suggesting that anyone should be able to edit any script at any time, and that seems like a very bad thing.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    What you speak of is witchcraft!

I actually made a github account, and then got annoyed and went back to doing something productive. All my experience with git is just to download a snapshot of source code. It's going to take enough effort to figure out what I should be doing that it's on the to-do list instead of being done.

Also, it seems like you're suggesting that anyone should be able to edit any script at any time, and that seems like a very bad thing.
    So of course anyone should be able to edit any script at any time. That's the way it is now. But I also think that they should be able to make a small improvement, then have that improvement looked at by someone, and if it gets approved, then that small fix should be able to be pushed to the lich repo. This is how open source projects like Rails are able to have tens of thousands of contributors, but people can't "sneak" malicious things into the codebase, which would be A Very Bad Thing.

I use git/github all day every day for work and am very happy to help with this. I just created a github organization account called 'lich-hub' which I'll make you an owner of. Then we can put some of the popular scripts there and then we can figure out a workflow for getting things approved/improved.

You can always upload a copy with your fix, and when it goes mainline, delete it.

I've got a copy of BigShot called proshot with my warrior commands in it and some additional checks for mstrike.

FYI: I just added these disk fixes to proshot.
    Last edited by jafo; 06-17-2013 at 07:59 PM.