Page 101 of 153 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1527

Thread: Bigshot: The New Optimus Prime

Bigshot doesn't work there, hunt kobolds or giant ants.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Manamethis View Post
    Yep, that fixed it.
    ~Wudd

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manamethis View Post
    I was wondering what that was about. Couldn't figure out for the life of me why the script wouldn't work.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    I was wondering what that was about. Couldn't figure out for the life of me why the script wouldn't work.
    Something to do with identical rooms and confuzzling the script, probably making it think it's not moving.

5. Default

So is there a way to add in a script after I get back to rest and sell, to ask for healing if I have wounds?

Or anything to detect if a GM warns you for scripting? Got bagged the other night and didn't respond in time to the requests, so ended up in the Scripting Lounge.

It's impossible to make a script watch for all script checks because each GM has their own way of script checking people. The best thing to do is to not afk script.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's impossible to make a script watch for all script checks because each GM has their own way of script checking people. The best thing to do is to not afk script.
    With enough talent it is mostly beatable. You just go about it by carefully establishing all the norms, to the point that at that point its almost worthless to take all that effort, and they can still bust you through unresponsiveness to others.

I just don't see how you can write a script for all possible afk checks. I've had one script ask me what two coins would equal 35 cents, I've had Wolverine threaten to kill me if I didn't say something in particular (forget what I was asked to say), two times I've had bandits ask me how much silvers I've had on me and say it out loud. The last one would be easy to script for but there is no garauntee you will get asked that again.

Also I don't think they can nail you for being unresponsive to other players.

@392
    elsif( command =~ /^sattack/i )
    cmd_sattack( command, npc )

@543
    def cmd_sattack( command, target)
    if( checkstamina(20) )
    bs_put "wtrick sattack ##{target.id}"
    else
    bs_put "kill ##{target.id}"

end
    end

usage:
    hunting command: sattack target

Will try to perform wtrick sattack at a target if there is enough stamina. If not, it will perform a regular attack. I might add another called sattack_only in case I run into a situation where if sattack doesn't have enough stam, I want to failover to something other than a normal attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I just don't see how you can write a script for all possible afk checks. I've had one script ask me what two coins would equal 35 cents, I've had Wolverine threaten to kill me if I didn't say something in particular (forget what I was asked to say), two times I've had bandits ask me how much silvers I've had on me and say it out loud. The last one would be easy to script for but there is no garauntee you will get asked that again.

Also I don't think they can nail you for being unresponsive to other players.
    It's a lot easier to remain responsive while away than it is to try and beat every potential script check. For example, filter lines seen XXX times and send the rest to your phone/tablet. If you have a XMPP4 server setup you can relay commands to the game via Google Chat (or any other Jabber/XMPP4 server). You might get a bunch of false positives but it sure beats getting busted for being non-responsive. Since you're relaying lines you've never seen before there's really no way for a GM to beat this - you can only beat yourself by not having your communication device with you and/or not responding.
    Last edited by SpiffyJr; 05-14-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++