Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Food Poisoning

Default Food Poisoning

So, I had a case of food poisoning. A bunch of us all finished an exam and went to go grab a bite to eat at DQ, but I really wasn't feeling for it so I went over to the Pizza place and just grabbed a slice. 9 hours later I wake up at 4am puking my face off. I continue to puke hourly, for the WHOLE day until my abs are hurting and I start breaking a sweat from dry heaving.

Anyways, the next morning I feel 90% better. A little sick but not puking no fever nothing. I actually got up and went to the library to study for my next exam.

The only issue now is I feel totally fucked up every night. Anytime I eat something whether it was an hour or 5 hours before I go to bed I feel so sick. I can feel the food in me and I always feel like i have to burp but if I do the food is so high up there that it feels like it's coming up.

Today is the 3rd night. The 1st one I just got out of bed to throw up what was in me and tonight I did aswell. It is highly acidic and feels nasty. (1st night I had salad and steak. Tonight I just had carrots and pineapple.)

Is this a normal after effect of food poisoning and throwing up so much that my stomach is fragile? Or should I get this checked out. Anyone else been through something like this?
    Last edited by Drisco; 04-14-2010 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Hrm, I can see that. It must be a real turn on for guys with capped characters having sex with weaker female characters. After you own them in PvP in game you can then have rough sex to demonstrate further owning.
    Quote Originally Posted by radamanthys View Post
    The watermelon kid is photoshopped. I think we should insult the mother.

You haven't had salmonella in the high desert, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

I recently got hit with a bug that lasted all of a day. I didn't have any issues a few days after beyond just not being in the mood to eat and having low energy.

My advice?

Lots of gatorade and water to start with.

I'd also go with foods that aren't acidic or decompose (IE: meat).

The day I was sick I wasn't in the mood for anything.

The day after I had wheat thins and Campbell's chicken noodle soup (focusing on the broth). I also had some apple sauce. I still didn't eat much. You being able to eat a steak is impressive!

The next day was about the same but I was starting to feel more adventurous with food again.

The next day I was really starting to get hungry, but I felt so much better that I braved some fast food.

Anyways...

TLDR: Focus on liquids. You can go without food for a while and yeah, your stomach has taken a beating. Things will come around.

IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE.. GO SEE THE DOCTOR!

Yes, go see a doc. What's probably happened is that your digestive system is all screwed up by some bacteria in the food, perhaps a form of salmanila or e-coli. The bacteria that break down certain things aren't functioning, and in fact may be completely whiped out. Hopefully they'll come around. The first to go is usually dairy, so totally stay away from any sort of milk products, because you're body can't digest them. The only exception is that yogurt is generally ok, particularly that new stuff that's good for your digestion. I would recommend the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast. Also, is it coming out both ends or just puking? If you've got the runs, take the recommended dose of immodium.

I got sick about this time last year with a nice stomach flu where I couldn't hold food for 4 straight days. Lost a ton of weight, and knew I was well past the time to go see a doctor when on the fourth day I ate some chicken soup, and five minutes later I was shitting it out and it still frickin' smelled like chicken soup! I can tell you unequivocally that when your shit smells like chicken soup, you have reached the depths of despair.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 04-14-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling

um yuck

Also, I was going to suggest the BRAT diet. The point behind it is that it's really bland food that's easy on your stomach. Drink lots of fluids. Try to get your electrolytes, but sometimes really sweet drinks, like gatorade, will be too much. You can drink pedialyte though, you know, the stuff made for infants.

If you don't feel somewhat better, or even stable, on day 4 or 5, call your doctor and see if you can speak to them. Usually they'll tell you what you've heard here but you might get some cipro out of it (most doctors avoid prescribing antibiotics for food poisoning). Truthfully, if you've made it this long, you don't need a doctor's help, you just need to give it time. Really though, only you know how you feel, if you start to take a turn for the worse, then definitely call the doctor or go to the ER.

Blog Entries

I stopped eating after my bout of ..whatever the hell I had that made me throw up until I wanted to die. I ate just enough to stave off headaches until my apetite returned in full. It took several days, but everything eventually went back to normal.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

At least it's just vomitting. Nothing worse than gut rot that makes you puke and has you yes'ing out your no hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Blog Entries

At least it's just vomitting. Nothing worse than gut rot that makes you puke and has you yes'ing out your no hole.
    That's usually assumed with food poisoning, but not mentioned.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

You're most used to yes'ing in your no-hole.

Then it wouldn't be a no hole now would it?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.