Page 2070 of 2151 FirstFirst ... 107015701970202020602068206920702071207220802120 ... LastLast
Results 20,691 to 20,700 of 21502

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    This is how you know we as humans have too much free time on our hands, to lose your shit over seeing a service dog in a restaurant.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Wow. As a guide dog user IRL, I must say I have never gotten that strong of a reaction to my guide dog being in a restaurant. I wonder if she'd flip out as much if the dog were for a blind person instead of it being a PTSD service dog?

The worst reaction I got was at a Japanese restaurant - the host initially wanted me to tie my guide dog to a post outside. After speaking to a manager we got seated with no issue. Most often people don't even realize my dog is there as I often try to sit in booths and have my dog sit under the table in the booth so he is out of the way.

Dog is almost definitely 1000x cleaner than her shitty kids.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

I'm not defending the loud woman in that video however, an animal that gives emotional support does not qualify to be a service animal and is not covered under ADA law allowing it to accompany individuals with disabilities into all public areas and buildings.

https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

I wish it was otherwise.
    Last edited by Tisket; 09-20-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

I wonder if it's a religious/Muslim thing. My dad uses Dial-A-Ride a lot to get to the VA, and their Muslim drivers always freak out whenever his dogs bark or come to the door.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I'm not defending the loud woman in that video however, an animal that gives emotional support does not qualify to be a service animal and is not covered under ADA law allowing it to accompany individuals with disabilities into all public areas and buildings.

I wish it was otherwise.
    So do I. Certainly there needs to be well-defined criteria and an approval process (otherwise people will take advantage), but the law should allow a dog that provides emotional support to be defined as a service animal.

Blog Entries

I wish it was otherwise.
    If the person has PTSD, it is covered as a service animal.

"Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. "

There are also state laws that add to, but do not take away from, the definition of a service animal.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-20-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Blog Entries

If the person has PTSD, it is covered as a service animal.

"Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. "

There are also state laws that add to, but do not take away from, the definition of a service animal.
    Too often the term "PTSD" is used for dogs that "only" provide emotional support. That is why business owners are allowed to ask what kind of service the animal provides and to deny entry to a business if it is an emotional support animal.
    Last edited by Tisket; 09-20-2017 at 02:02 PM.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Because really, all dogs are emotional support for their owners. If anyone claims otherwise, they shouldn't own dogs at all.
    I like penis.

Blog Entries

Too often the term "PTSD" is used for dogs that "only" provide emotional support. That is why business owners are allowed to ask what kind of service the animal provides and to deny entry to a business if it is an emotional support animal.
    They are only allowed to ask two questions and cannot demand any documentation. If you answer the exact phrase that the dog is trained to calm during an anxiety attack due to PTSD, that is completely covered and they cannot, under Federal law, disallow the service animal. Either way, PTSD is specifically mentioned as one of the conditions for a service dog.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-20-2017 at 02:05 PM.