Page 2067 of 2151 FirstFirst ... 106715671967201720572065206620672068206920772117 ... LastLast
Results 20,661 to 20,670 of 21502

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    And he'll get hired almost immediately on another police force. Or they will let him resign (since he looks like he could be old enough) and get his pension.
    Rofl, that isn't how it works. Most police forces refuse to hire people for even the smallest of blemishes. They may let him resign, but then again, if he gets criminal charges put on him by the prosecutor, he won't be getting shit. It isn't a police disciplinary matter now that the prosecutor is involved, it is a court matter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I'm guessing they were looking for something to smear the victim.
    It's because the guy who crashed into the truck driver was fleeing police pursuit. I believe I read somewhere that Utah's Supreme Court already ruled that if someone is injured during a pursuit, it's the police's fault, so if that's true, the cops were eager to show it's the truck driver's fault for the accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Rofl, that isn't how it works. Most police forces refuse to hire people for even the smallest of blemishes. They may let him resign, but then again, if he gets criminal charges put on him by the prosecutor, he won't be getting shit. It isn't a police disciplinary matter now that the prosecutor is involved, it is a court matter.
    You ever hear of "Gypsy cops"?
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-01-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It's because the guy who crashed into the truck driver was fleeing police pursuit. I believe I read somewhere that Utah's Supreme Court already ruled that if someone is injured during a pursuit, it's the police's fault, so if that's true, the cops were eager to show it's the truck driver's fault for the accident.

You ever hear of "Gypsy cops"?
    Funny thing is, I read the accident happened like a month ago. The guys blood would currently be full of sedatives and shit because, you know, burn ward and all.

And sure, but that is harder to do these days. Police Departments are becoming a lot more selective.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-01-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Funny thing is, I read the accident happened like a month ago. The guys blood would currently be full of sedatives and shit because, you know, burn ward and all.

And sure, but that is harder to do these days. Police Departments are becoming a lot more selective.
    SEE LOOK HE WAS DRIVING AROUND ALL DOPED UP! LOOK!!!!!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Saw that. The patient wasn't a suspect, wasn't under arrest, was unconscious (and therefore unable to consent), and in need of critical care at a burn unit... kinda needed to hang onto that blood maybe. Makes you ask yourself, if none of the above was true, why did they want the blood?

Reminds me of the incident we had up here in Minneapolis recently, where the woman calls the cops because she thinks she hears someone being sexually assaulted in the alley behind her house. Cops take forever to get there, show up and cruise the alley with the lights off, she comes down to meet the cops in her pajamas and the cop in the passenger seat shoots and kills her out the driver's window, right in front of his partner's face. So what happens? They request, and are granted a search warrant for HER house. Now why do you suppose they might want that, and why would they be granted it? She wasn't a suspect in any crime, so what could the probable cause be? I'm guessing they were looking for something to smear the victim.

There seems to be a deficiency in training for police officers, and a mind set that seems to have gone off the rails in too many cases.
    People are just people. It follows from this that any subset of people (Muslims, police officers, Presidents) are also people, and so you can always find the worst in people in any subset of people. We can try to screen and prevent, but ultimately the worst are going to slip through. That's why we need objective, unimpeachable records of everything. This nurse situation has received universal condemnation. Why? We all saw what happened on tape. If we hadn't, the worst would have said 'she was combative' or 'she refused a lawful order' or any number of things, and we would have retreated to our corners and had the same old arguments we always have.

Look, I know I'm a lunatic. But I'm definitely right about this. Universal surveillance is going to solve so many of our problems. And cause a few. But mostly solve.

And Methais will get to watch people poop. No, I don't know why he's into that either. That's a known unknown.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    People are just people. It follows from this that any subset of people (Muslims, police officers, Presidents) are also people, and so you can always find the worst in people in any subset of people. We can try to screen and prevent, but ultimately the worst are going to slip through. That's why we need objective, unimpeachable records of everything. This nurse situation has received universal condemnation. Why? We all saw what happened on tape. If we hadn't, the worst would have said 'she was combative' or 'she refused a lawful order' or any number of things, and we would have retreated to our corners and had the same old arguments we always have.

Look, I know I'm a lunatic. But I'm definitely right about this. Universal surveillance is going to solve so many of our problems. And cause a few. But mostly solve.

And Methais will get to watch people poop. No, I don't know why he's into that either. That's a known unknown.
    Don't try and project your sick fetishes on me because you clicked on tubgirl like 15 years ago!
    Last edited by Methais; 09-02-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Here is the supervisor talking to her back in the squad car after the arrest. Start @12:00. Also, that is exactly how it works. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/u...m.html?mcubz=0

Just let us do the illegal thing and it'll get thrown out in court anyways!
    Last edited by drauz; 09-04-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Here is the supervisor talking to her back in the squad car after the arrest. Start @12:00. Also, that is exactly how it works. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/u...m.html?mcubz=0

Just let us do the illegal thing and it'll get thrown out in court anyways!
    Technology, surprisingly, has advanced a lot in 12 years. That man who was hired in 2005 wouldn't be touched by anyone today.

"But a lack of coordination among law enforcement agencies, opposition from police executives and unions, and an absence of federal guidance have meant that in many cases police departments do not know the background of prospective officers if they fail to disclose a troubled work history."

That simply isn't true anymore.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-04-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Technology, surprisingly, has advanced a lot in 12 years. That man who was hired in 2005 wouldn't be touched by anyone today.

"But a lack of coordination among law enforcement agencies, opposition from police executives and unions, and an absence of federal guidance have meant that in many cases police departments do not know the background of prospective officers if they fail to disclose a troubled work history."

That simply isn't true anymore.
    Citation needed. That article seems to contradict you on every point.

"The Justice Department, which gave the association about $200,000 to start the database in 2009, no longer funds it. The department declined to explain why it had dropped its support, but a spokesman said the goal was “ensuring that our nation’s law enforcement agencies have the necessary resources to identify the best qualified candidates to protect and serve communities.”

"He said that while his group was investigating hiring practices in St. Louis County, Mo., after Mr. Brown’s death, it found that officers facing severe discipline and possible termination in many agencies were routinely allowed to resign to avoid a record of having been fired.

“They could then join another area department,” Mr. Wexler said."

Blog Entries

Citation needed. That article seems to contradict you on every point.

"The Justice Department, which gave the association about $200,000 to start the database in 2009, no longer funds it. The department declined to explain why it had dropped its support, but a spokesman said the goal was “ensuring that our nation’s law enforcement agencies have the necessary resources to identify the best qualified candidates to protect and serve communities.”

"He said that while his group was investigating hiring practices in St. Louis County, Mo., after Mr. Brown’s death, it found that officers facing severe discipline and possible termination in many agencies were routinely allowed to resign to avoid a record of having been fired.

“They could then join another area department,” Mr. Wexler said."
    I mean, I guess my only citation is me, having gone through the hiring process for 4 different departments on the Local, State, and Federal Level.

Might there be some bumfuck village department with 3 officers that doesn't look hard? Maybe, but not likely in Louisiana or Texas, since they are overseen by the state and have state supplemental payments.

Pretty much anything in your criminal history is easy to find with a button click. This is something the FBI has been working on creating for a long time. A speeding ticket I got for 10 over when I was 16 was on there.

And again, this current case is a matter going to the courts. It isn't an internal disciplinary matter. Even if they allow him to retire, it doesn't take away the court aspect of it. He'll have a record, whether found guilty or not.

For other things, hey, that is a failure on the Police Investigator. They are supposed to check and call previous employers. I'm 3/4 on that.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-04-2017 at 10:03 PM.