Page 1597 of 2151 FirstFirst ... 5971097149715471587159515961597159815991607164716972097 ... LastLast
Results 15,961 to 15,970 of 21502

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today

Maybe they had had a conversation about it in the staff room that morning, you don't know that.

Assuming that sales associates are stupid, or don't know their stock is frustrating. I know nearly everything, if not everything, that is sold in my store, for the most part--the price it came in at, and how much we've marked it up or down, and why... and I've only been at my store since June. It isn't hard when you are working with the same stock every day. I'm not saying this associate DID know, necessarily, but I think the assumption that they were clueless about their own stock, on which their job is based, is rather silly.
    I got that job, by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Rage View Post
    Maybe they had had a conversation about it in the staff room that morning, you don't know that.

Assuming that sales associates are stupid, or don't know their stock is frustrating. I know nearly everything, if not everything, that is sold in my store, for the most part--the price it came in at, and how much we've marked it up or down, and why... and I've only been at my store since June. It isn't hard when you are working with the same stock every day. I'm not saying this associate DID know, necessarily, but I think the assumption that they were clueless about their own stock, on which their job is based, is rather silly.
    True. The person who marked the price down could very well have known the parts were missing. Here's my issue with that; the person should have noted it right on the price sticker. He noted it was the floor model so the person either didn't know it was missing parts, decided to keep that part a secret, or made a mistake.

Mistakes are fine. It's just nice when employees own up to their mistakes instead of changing their excuse to counter everything I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    True. The person who marked the price down could very well have known the parts were missing. Here's my issue with that; the person should have noted it right on the price sticker. He noted it was the floor model so the person either didn't know it was missing parts, decided to keep that part a secret, or made a mistake.

Mistakes are fine. It's just nice when employees own up to their mistakes instead of changing their excuse to counter everything I say.
    I can see that, but clearance is generally a "fuck it" section, so not a lot of effort goes into that... I'll admit. If the person was being evasive, and seemed untruthful, that is one thing--but your original post didn't give me that impression. I do think that it is valid that a 100 dollar mark down would cover the cost of replacement though, so even if she/he was being secretive about it, I don't think the store's pricing is necessarily off, or wrong.
    I got that job, by the way

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today

omniscient not omnipotent
    Wrong. Omnipotent means having Godlike powers and being able to do anything. Obviously such a person would have the power of omniscience.

I demand you give me a green rep and apologize for this red rep error.

Thank you and God bless.

5. Default

Driving all the way to Chicago to see the Magritte exhibit only to find out none of my favorite paintings were there.

On the upside, I found a Salvatore Dali painting portraying a dick and balls in trademark surreal style.

You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

6. Default

The two ladies are a nice touch.

Someone needs to trim that forest.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I have no problem with them trying to rip people off by selling this thing for 100 dollars
    You said yourself that the $100 off was at least twice the cost of the parts needed. How is selling a floor model for a 25% or more discount trying to rip people off?

9. Default

It's Tgo's money and he wants it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    You said yourself that the $100 off was at least twice the cost of the parts needed. How is selling a floor model for a 25% or more discount trying to rip people off?
    Several reasons; 25% off for the floor model is pretty stingy, not mentioning the fact that several parts were missing is dishonest, selling an item without allowing someone to test it to make sure it works and selling it "as is" with no way to return it once you purchase it.

Now obviously I don't expect a store like Sam's Club to be setup to allow me to use a pressure washer before buying, that's why I expect stores like Sam's Club to allow me at least a week to return a product in case it doesn't work once I get it home.

All of these factors combined just screams scam to me. Maybe it was all just a big mistake or huge misunderstanding on their part but I think a simple acknowledgement of said mistake/misunderstanding would have been a lot better than changing excuses to counter everything I was trying to say.

But I guess I should be used to this by now; customer service these days at most places seems to be combative towards customers.

It worked out in the end; I used the 150 dollars I would have used on this floor model that may or may not have even worked and put it towards a better brand/model, more powerful and non floor model 350 dollar pressure washer at Home Depot. With my dad's 10% military discount it came to 315.

Cost me a little more but at least I don't have to worry about it breaking 2 weeks later and being shit out luck. Plus more bells and whistles and a hose and nozzles and oil!