Page 1595 of 2151 FirstFirst ... 5951095149515451585159315941595159615971605164516952095 ... LastLast
Results 15,941 to 15,950 of 21502

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today

Blog Entries

I-10 status: rekt

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    My basset hound that I've had for 14 years since she was a puppy died yesterday afternoon.

Pretty much the worst day of my life.

Attachment 6940
    I definitely know how you feel, having been in your shoes earlier this year, with my own 14 yrs raised-since-a-puppy.

Sorry to hear...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    My basset hound that I've had for 14 years since she was a puppy died yesterday afternoon.

Pretty much the worst day of my life.

Attachment 6940
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Burying The Lead: Buried in this New York Times story about the Department of Veterans Affairs scandal is the news that only 15 senior executives in the entire federal government failed to receive a "fully successful" or "outstanding" rating in their most recent annual evaluations. The federal government has 7,910 senior executives. So 99.8 percent of federal government's top managers are rated "fully successful" or "outstanding." How could anything ever go wrong?
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...ng-quarterback

Looking forward to WB/Latrin spinning.

5. Default

Sorry for your loss, Methais.

6. Default

Eating myself into a pasta coma.

So I'm at Sam's Club today doing some shopping when I check out the clearance section and notice a 200 dollar pressure washer with a 100 dollar price on it. I actually need a new pressure washer since my old one is on its last leg and this one at Sam's Club looks almost identical to the one I have now, just made by a different company.

I check the reason they have marked why it's on sale and it says because it was the floor model also the item is sold "as is" and that I can't return it for any reason.

I'm thinking, yeah, I don't mind taking a gamble on a floor model for 50% off but then I notice the hose that connects the gun to the actual pressure washer is missing as are the 3 nozzle tips that it's supposed to come with.

So I go to customer service to see if they would be willing to knock a few dollars more off the price seeing how I would have to buy these parts to get it working and that isn't the reason listed on the price tag for why it's cheaper.

The lady says "Oh no, I can't mark it any cheaper. See? They just marked it cheaper today." What the fuck does it matter when they marked it cheaper? So I explain to her, again, how I would have to spend probably 30-50 dollars to get the missing pieces just to make this a complete unit and she says "Yeah but it's already marked down with the missing pieces taken into account. See? It's mark down 100 dollars. Normally demo models are only marked down 50 dollars so the other 50 dollars is to cover the missing pieces."

Bullfuckingshit. I see a lot of demo items in the clearance area that are marked down anywhere from 20-70 dollars so this idea that there is a set price markdown they apply to floor models is bullshit. Secondly I love how the "50 dollars marked down for missing parts" just happens to match what I told her it would probably cost me to buy the missing parts. Like some low level employee at Sam's Club making minimum wage just happened to know exactly what it would cost to get the missing parts and took that into consideration. Even if all of that was true then mark it on the fucking price tag. There is a place to mark it on the price tag "Missing parts." Circle it!

So she thinks I'm going to spend 100 dollars on a 200 dollar pressure washer, spend 30-50 dollars to get the missing parts needed to get it to even work properly, meaning I only saved maybe 50 bucks, and I can't take it back for any reason whatsoever once I purchase it?

Bitches be crazy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So she thinks I'm going to spend 100 dollars on a 200 dollar pressure washer, spend 30-50 dollars to get the missing parts needed to get it to even work properly, meaning I only saved maybe 50 bucks, and I can't take it back for any reason whatsoever once I purchase it?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Yes.
    She thought wrong

10. Default

People that conflate opinion and fact.