Page 1587 of 2151 FirstFirst ... 5871087148715371577158515861587158815891597163716872087 ... LastLast
Results 15,861 to 15,870 of 21502

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    Decent for a laptop but I laughed at the part where it says there is a port for 4k gaming on an external monitor. Good luck with that on a mobile graphics card.
    A mini DisplayPort output allows gamers to experience the ultimate in 4 external monitor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Decent for a laptop but I laughed at the part where it says there is a port for 4k gaming on an external monitor. Good luck with that on a mobile graphics card.
    A mini DisplayPort output allows gamers to experience the ultimate in 4 external monitor.
    Yeah, I ran into issues with burned out graphics cards when I went to a regular HD monitor.

I am sure the newer ones do it fine with the regular HD monitors now, but yeah... Had an HDMI port and all that, plugged it in, two cards in a row. Luckily was under warranty. This was with an ASUS G73... 2008-2009ish.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-03-2014 at 10:26 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I used to always blow so much on gaming laptops. I now have a desktop that I spent 1/3rd of the amount on and is better.
    My desktops are a lot better. I like diverting myself when I'm stuck tutoring at work though. I also like having a stronger projection platform and I'm realistic about what they can do.

I'll use it to run 3D projection for my students. There'd be no way I'd ever do 4K with it though. Way too underpowered.
    Last edited by Warriorbird; 09-03-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Blog Entries

I think for what you mention it for, it is fine.

5. Default

Yeah, I ran into issues with burned out graphics cards when I went to a regular HD monitor.

I am sure the newer ones do it fine with the regular HD monitors now, but yeah... Had an HDMI port and all that, plugged it in, two cards in a row. Luckily was under warranty. This was with an ASUS G73... 2008-2009ish.
    1080p sure but 4k gaming requires a nearly setup. Like SLI Titans.

1080p sure but 4k gaming requires a nearly setup. Like SLI Titans.
    Yeah. I know it's mainly advertising puffery. I think the machine will be fine for my needs. I just should've ordered it from the more expensive place.

Blog Entries

^

My older brother spent a stupid amount of money on an alienware laptop and he uses it to play facebook games..
    My mom did something similar with an Apple. Powerful, good for graphics processing... and according to my dad she last used it a couple months ago to play Candy Crush.

I used to always blow so much on gaming laptops. I now have a desktop that I spent 1/3rd of the amount on and is better.
    Did you buy laptops while you were in the military? That's acceptable... they're great when you're deployed or in an FTX.
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-03-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Nothing compares to having my own desktop. :3 Something about the keyboard and the awesomeness
    I got that job, by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Rage View Post
    Nothing compares to having my own desktop. :3 Something about the keyboard and the awesomeness
    Quote Originally Posted by Thread Title
    Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today
    This week must be post in the wrong thread week for GR.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post

Did you buy laptops while you were in the military? That's acceptable... they're great when you're deployed or in an FTX.
    Yeah, I bought my desktop right when I got out.