Page 1087 of 2151 FirstFirst ... 87587987103710771085108610871088108910971137118715872087 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,870 of 21502

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    How often do you run across French speaking individuals?
    Tisket est une torsion malade et un mog sans cœur qui tue les bébés et les copains avec des clowns

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kastrel View Post
    Could be, but I was pissed enough that I went in as well at a later date. They seem to possess neither in-store applications or a website. I watched as two confused employees discussed the topic between themselves, trying to figure out what the hell is going on. They have a now-hiring sign, but seem to be incapable of distributing applications for hire in any way.

So either they lie and reject multiple potential applicants on sight, or they just don't have their shit together at all.
    This is what I call 'a sign'. This particular sign says, "These people are complete fuckups and even though they're hiring, you don't want to work there".

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    This is what I call 'a sign'. This particular sign says, "These people are complete fuckups and even though they're hiring, you don't want to work there".
    Had a similar thought myself. At first, the 5 minute walk distance/1 minute drive was appealing to her, but sometimes, convenience isn't worth misery.
    - dutifully, Kastrel Tyraegen Faendryl, the first freelance guildmaster of the Sorcerer's Guild

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I got one of those signs recently. My resume is filled with things that scream "I know finance and data," so I applied for a job with "Financial Data" in the title thinking this couldn't possibly end poorly. A month later I get an email from HR about interviewing, and the manager she gave my resume to is hiring for tech support. I nearly shit myself. Needless to say, after I pointed out that this isn't the job I applied to, I never heard from them again.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thefarmer View Post
    Tisket est une torsion malade et un mog sans cœur qui tue les bébés et les copains avec des clowns
    I'm slapping clown paint on Vivaldi AND having him hump a barnyard animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

So, a normal Thursday night.

Blog Entries

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

8. Default

What animal costume are you choosing tonite?

Skip the feathers this time please

Ah, the old "slap and tickle... clown-paint on someone humping a barnyard animal."
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

10. Default

And yet, most of us can't carry on a simple conversation with a vast swath of our very own population. There is nothing wrong with being an insular prick so, when choosing a language to teach your children, go ahead and choose something they are less likely to need on a day-to-day basis than Spanish. There is nothing wrong with other languages. I just personally think that, if they already speak English, it would be stupid to choose a different language than Spanish as the first to teach a child.

Unless, of course, you are going to live in Russia or China.
    I'd say it depends more on where you live and travel. If you're up north, say from Michigan on east along the border, you might encounter more French-speaking people than Spanish. Even in Florida, I could learn Spanish and still be screwed because so many are from Cuba and Puerto Rico. Then there's Haitians and Creole, which I can't even begin to understand how it derived from French. The idea that there is one magic alternative language just isn't feasible.