Page 1056 of 2151 FirstFirst ... 56556956100610461054105510561057105810661106115615562056 ... LastLast
Results 10,551 to 10,560 of 21502

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today

Actually from everything you just said in that last post, I would say no, you shouldn't have waited. Not if you can take something local and minimum wage in the meantime while you look for something more permanent (and you net the same), and if that would make you happier.
    Last edited by diethx; 02-26-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

You understand it but you did it anyway? I guess.

Now you get to explain in every interview why you're not still at the last job, the reference will be you're not eligible for rehire, etc. etc. etc. While I'm glad you do have a bit to fall back on it I'm going to call it a stupid fucking move (without knowing all the details obviously). Once you get that dad title you have to go ahead and take of the "I'm a bad ass I do what I want" tshirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    Actually from everything you just said in that last post, I would say no, you shouldn't have waited. Not if you can take something local and minimum wage in the meantime while you look for something more permanent, and if that would make you happier.
    I just feel the tremendous waste of it all- I mean seriously, all of my 20's, gone to that shit job. What the fuck was I thinking.

Hey looks like someone finally decided to go to college, for realsies this time. Fuck me. What a stupid life I have lived.

It could be worse.
    You just got Kong'd.

Actually from everything you just said in that last post, I would say no, you shouldn't have waited. Not if you can take something local and minimum wage in the meantime while you look for something more permanent (and you net the same), and if that would make you happier.
    I disagree. Those local min wage jobs won't be as available as you think. You're going to be seen as short term, over qualified, a bad egg based on not being eligible for rehire, check all that apply. It's not an employee friendly market, even min wage positions can be picky.
    That is some weird shit.

6. Default

Could be regional, but following a few of my friend's job searches right now seems to indicate the biggest "minimum wage job" barrier is job history.
    - dutifully, Kastrel Tyraegen Faendryl, the first freelance guildmaster of the Sorcerer's Guild

Oh and if Delias was being verbally abused (and not just being reprimanded) as he made it sound, he could legitimately quit and not be disqualified for unemployment. I received unemployment once for quitting a job where I really felt as though I had no other choice.
    You just got Kong'd.

Oh and if Delias was being verbally abused (and not just being reprimanded) as he made it sound, he could legitimately quit and not be disqualified for unemployment. I received unemployment once for quitting a job where I really felt as though I had no other choice.
    Yeah, most of this happened on Gchat through our work email accounts- unfortunately by the time I thought "I should go back and log that", my account had been disabled. This only happened... two, two and a half hours ago? That is the fastest our IT staff has ever done ANYTHING.

Penis v vagina. Good luck with that, I know I know equality....but really good luck with that.
    That is some weird shit.

I didn't have any logs or anything like that. It was all verbal. They fought it, we had a hearing, I won. I don't think my vagina had anything to do with it, but whatever.
    You just got Kong'd.