Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s your favorite holiday?

Default What’s your favorite holiday?

My wife and I talked about this a little bit. I told her the 4th of July is the best damn holiday in the world and there’s no holiday like it. How the entire country celebrates this day from morning to night.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Dia de los Muertes.

I enjoy Mexico's celebration of lost loved ones more than typical somber North American funerary rites. It's a party, and a celebration. A remembrance of lives lost.

Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    My wife and I talked about this a little bit. I told her the 4th of July is the best damn holiday in the world and there’s no holiday like it. How the entire country celebrates this day from morning to night.
    I have to agree with you on 4th of July. There is just something about summertime, cookouts, fireworks, and patriotism. It is relaxing & doesn’t have the same mandate to action like many other holidays. Good vibes.

A distant second for me would be Saint Patrick’s Day. I don’t celebrate getting blackout piss day-drunk anymore like my 20s, but it’s a simple holiday that connects me with my heritage.

The worst holiday is Mother’s Day. I love my wife. I love my mom. I’m blessed to have such amazing women in my family. They don’t get along so well. That day is stressful and if you fuck it up they will remember it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I have to agree with you on 4th of July. There is just something about summertime, cookouts, fireworks, and patriotism. It is relaxing & doesn’t have the same mandate to action like many other holidays. Good vibes.

A distant second for me would be Saint Patrick’s Day. I don’t celebrate getting blackout piss day-drunk anymore like my 20s, but it’s a simple holiday that connects me with my heritage.

The worst holiday is Mother’s Day. I love my wife. I love my mom. I’m blessed to have such amazing women in my family. They don’t get along so well. That day is stressful and if you fuck it up they will remember it forever.

Completely agree. My wife thinks it’s going to be like victory day in Russia. Where they have a parade, and that’s it. She can’t wrap her around the idea that the entire country celebrates from morning till night, with events, BBQs festivals and what not.

I can understand your distaste for Mother’s Day, that’s a tough situation.

I can’t wait for Halloween. Dressing up and going door to door for the first time is going to amazing for my child, not to mention the crazy decorations!
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    I can’t wait for Halloween. Dressing up and going door to door for the first time is going to amazing for my child, not to mention the crazy decorations!
    Halloween isn’t the same experience as when I was a kid. Last year I took my girls trick or treating, and about 90% of the houses in my neighborhood have a candy bowl on the front porch as opposed to ringing the door to say trick or treat. My neighborhood association goes in a big group, and it’s trendy now for the parents to get shit faced obnoxiously drunk. Many of those kids have absolutely no manners as well. I also don’t care for the trend that decorating your house extravagantly with lights & such weeks in advanced just like Christmas.

Still…kids love it and overall it is one of the more fun holidays. Just make sure to check your kid’s treat bag for evildoers that hide bricks of coke & AK-47s in candy wrappers.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 01-23-2023 at 09:32 AM.

Thanksgiving.

Best meal.

Family.

Football.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Thanksgiving.

Best meal.

Family.

Football.
    Agreed. The focus of the holiday is on spending time with family and eating good food. I can get behind that. I hadn't considered July 4th before but I like it, I'll give it the nod as my second favorite.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

I'll 2nd the idea of Thanksgiving being the best single day holiday as the focus is on relaxation and spending time with family. It's one of the least commercialized holidays.

I'll also add Christmas, but the way it used to be celebrated by Christians before the 1900's and to also include some pagan traditions of celebration around this time. From what I understand, Christmastide, basically the 12 days of Christmas celebration from Dec. 24th to Jan 6th, was about spending time with family, having little celebrations over the course of that time period, vs. the single day commercialized monstrosity it is today. It used to be about spending quality time with friends and family as you wound down the year and welcomed the new year. Now it's just a bunch of stress.

And worst being anything that's been created solely to promote capitalism/commercialization to line the pockets of corporations: Valentine's, Mother's Day, Father's Day, present day Christmas,

Y’all are nuts. I love the Thanksgiving meal itself, but everything else about it is stressful.

Most years we host Thanksgiving at our house & therefore everything must be up to satisfactory standards & judgement of in-laws & extended family. I learned not to go anywhere near the kitchen unless my wife asks me to do something. She is like a queen Cobra protecting her eggs in there. Some years we travel. “Kids, I told you to go potty before we left! This car does not stop until we reach grandma’s house!!”

Blog Entries

December 3rd.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984