Page 2071 of 2151 FirstFirst ... 107115711971202120612069207020712072207320812121 ... LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,710 of 21502

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Frown Today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They are only allowed to ask two questions and cannot demand any documentation. If you answer the exact phrase that the dog is trained to calm during an anxiety attack due to PTSD, that is completely covered and they cannot, under Federal law, disallow the service animal. Either way, PTSD is specifically mentioned as one of the conditions for a service dog.
    Yes, they can lie and get away with it. Is that your point?
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Yes, they can lie and get away with it. Is that your point?
    You said "emotional support" but I think we all know that PTSD is the primary reason people have service dogs when it isn't a visible disability. That is completely covered and called service dogs by the federal government.

The main thing thing that should be taken away from the ADA for Service dogs, is that the dog has to be trained to serve the function. A random pet dog doesn't count.

Blog Entries

Also, they allow miniature horses to serve as service animals.

Blog Entries

You said "emotional support" but I think we all know that PTSD is the primary reason people have service dogs when it isn't a visible disability. That is completely covered and called service dogs by the federal government.

The main thing thing that should be taken away from the ADA for Service dogs, is that the dog has to be trained to serve the function. A random pet dog doesn't count.
    I don't believe that service animals who provide service other than emotional should even be called "PTSD animals", they are just regular service animals and it's confusing to business owners because people lie all the time. Calling dogs "PTSD" animals implies the owner as more special than "regular" service animal's owners. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, however, why label them differently at all.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

I feel like I'm having a discussion with myself.
    I like penis.

Blog Entries

I don't believe that service animals who provide service other than emotional should even be called "PTSD animals", they are just regular service animals and it's confusing to business owners because people lie all the time. Calling dogs "PTSD" animals implies the owner as more special than "regular" service animal's owners. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, however, why label them differently at all.
    Hah, I don't see it that way. I've always just called them a service dog too. I think the most common usage of them these days is PTSD, although, how many of them are legit trained service dogs, can't really say. I tend to disagree that the woman carrying a pug around in her backpack is a service dog, but I really have no clue wtf kind of training a dog is required to be one.

Blog Entries

I feel like I'm having a discussion with myself.
    Maybe you are!

Blog Entries

I cannot tell you how many times I ask myself, "did I post in this thread?" or "I don't remember saying that, wtf" before realizing it was you. I never before realized how much I use avatars to recognize posters.
    I like penis.

Blog Entries

I cannot tell you how many times I ask myself, "did I post in this thread?" or "I don't remember saying that, wtf" before realizing it was you. I never before realized how much I use avatars to recognize posters.
    Just look for the sig, mang. I don't have one!

Blog Entries

Just look for the sig, mang. I don't have one!
    I laugh at myself every time I mistake your posts as mine. Why would I give up a cheap source of amusement?
    I like penis.