Page 2291 of 2363 FirstFirst ... 129117912191224122812289229022912292229323012341 ... LastLast
Results 22,901 to 22,910 of 23625

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Smile Today

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

Denis Villeneuve is directing a new Dune movie.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Denis Villeneuve is directing a new Dune movie.
    I hope it's good. What has that director done previously? Do my Google legwork damn it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I hope it's good. What has that director done previously? Do my Google legwork damn it!
    Blade Runner 2049, The Arrival, and Sicario are his more famous ones.

https://www.avclub.com/denis-villene...ync-1820577685

Director Denis Villeneuve’s Blade Runner 2049 was a surprisingly faithful sequel to Ridley Scott’s original film, echoing its iconic style with new ideas and advancements that still felt honest to core of the original. For his upcoming adaptation of Frank Herbert’s Dune, though, Villeneuve’s has no interest in paying homage to someone else’s style—specifically that of David Lynch, who made an adaptation of his own in 1984.

Speaking with Yahoo! Movies on Facebook (via IndieWire), Villeneuve explained that he has “massive respect” for David Lynch and that he was impressed by Lynch’s Dune and its “very strong qualities,” but it’s not the adaptation he has “dreamed of.” So, rather than acknowledge the other film at all, he’s going to go “back to the book” and resurrect the images that he created in his head when he first read it. Basically, it sounds like Villeneuve is politely saying that he wasn’t crazy about Lynch’s movie—which is hardly a controversial stance—and he’s going to make something that’s both more faithful to the book and more faithful to his own imagination.
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-20-2017 at 05:31 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

A sliver of moon.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Blade Runner 2049, The Arrival, and Sicario are his more famous ones.

https://www.avclub.com/denis-villene...ync-1820577685
    I loved Sicario. I'm hopefully optimistic now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    A sliver of moon.
    Plumber stop by?
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?