Page 2194 of 2363 FirstFirst ... 1194169420942144218421922193219421952196220422442294 ... LastLast
Results 21,931 to 21,940 of 23625

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Smile Today

Spent the day in Yellowstone today, most of the time we were in the SW part of the park. The coolest thing for me, and this is just outside the west entrance, was an area called Earthquake Lake. The lake was created after one of the worst earthquakes in the Rocky Mountain range back in 1959. The lake bottom was originally a camp grounds and a bunch of people were killed during the event. The quake caused a giant rockslide (literally half a mountain collapsed on this campground) and then was followed by a "tsunami" like flood. I'll upload a few pics for you all tomorrow, been a long day.
    Teuta, The Pirate Queen (Not Jack Whisper)

"have at it crackhead bob." ~ Sashafierce

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teuta

Quote Originally Posted by GS4Pirate View Post
    Spent the day in Yellowstone today, most of the time we were in the SW part of the park. The coolest thing for me, and this is just outside the west entrance, was an area called Earthquake Lake. The lake was created after one of the worst earthquakes in the Rocky Mountain range back in 1959. The lake bottom was originally a camp grounds and a bunch of people were killed during the event. The quake caused a giant rockslide (literally half a mountain collapsed on this campground) and then was followed by a "tsunami" like flood. I'll upload a few pics for you all tomorrow, been a long day.
    Yellowstone is such an amazing place. Every time I go back out there I wish I lived closer. I feel the same way about so many of the Parks/National Monuments.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    Yellowstone is such an amazing place. Every time I go back out there I wish I lived closer. I feel the same way about so many of the Parks/National Monuments.
    I have yet to see a bear and it's really starting to piss me off. We had a guy get killed by a griz up by Flathead a couple weeks back and I was all like, this isn't even fucking fair.

Glacier National Park is next, Devil's tower has been my favorite so far. Olympia National park is also amazeballs.
    Last edited by GS4Pirate; 07-28-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Blog Entries

I have yet to see a bear and it's really starting to piss me off. We had a guy get killed by a griz up by Flathead a couple weeks back and I was all like, this isn't even fucking fair.
    Bears are giant faggots anyways.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Yellowstone is an amazing place. I was there a couple months ago, but caught a lot of bad weather. Still, it was refreshing because national parks in my area are just scrub brush, rattlesnakes, and rocks.

Here's a bear for you:
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Bears are giant faggots anyways.

Glacier National Park is next, Devil's tower has been my favorite so far. Olympia National park is also amazeballs.
    It was just the same for us. We only saw buffalo. Still cool.

Glacier's worth it for shameless picture taking alone.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thanks!

Day one and I'm already looking at advanced CE's. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Yellowstone is an amazing place. I was there a couple months ago, but caught a lot of bad weather. Still, it was refreshing because national parks in my area are just scrub brush, rattlesnakes, and rocks.

Here's a bear for you:
    Kept waiting for that fat bastard to rip that guys face off. Pretty fucking cool.

10. Default

Classic mecha anime Patlabor will see a reboot this fall. Studio Khara, founded by Evangelion creator Hideaki Anno, will release Mobile Police Patlabor Reboot on October 15th at the Japan Animator Expo. The lastPatlabor anime installment was published nearly 15 years ago.