Page 1293 of 2363 FirstFirst ... 2937931193124312831291129212931294129513031343139317932293 ... LastLast
Results 12,921 to 12,930 of 23625

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Smile Today

I wrote 20+ papers all at least 5 pages, but many of them were more.
    None of them will ever be published, so you're essentially arguing that writing relatively short opinion pieces is a better demonstration of ability than other work for courses. I have written one "paper" for my program. Some semesters in undergrad I wrote virtually nothing, and others I was producing well over 100 pages. I was probably working harder when I wrote less, which is certainly true today. Page count means less than nothing.

In fact, the number of writing assignments I had was the highest in really shitty intro classes. Practically none of my most difficult and practical classes had papers (with the exception of a handful for economic analysis pieces).
    Last edited by Bobmuhthol; 02-20-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    Does anyone really give a shit about any of this? Jesus.

Undergraduate work is retard-easy.
    No. I feel there will be much scrolling down past a whole lot of psychobabble as I browse the next couple pages.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuhthol View Post
    Some semesters in undergrad I wrote virtually nothing, and others I was producing well over 100 pages.
    Definitely this. Especially during an internship semester, unless the internship course itself has paper requirements. I'd have courses with mandatory 2x a week papers, and I had classes with a paper and an exam for the whole semester, done deal.

Also, I don't know if you have ever run into this, but sometimes, a high page count is a bad thing. I've had half a dozen teachers give essay assignments that required you to cover a LOT of ground in less than 2 pages. Sometimes, being concise is just as difficult, if not moreso, than being eloquent and wordy.

Random unrelated case in point; in high school, there was a very strange teachers pet kid. Awkward, but a workaholic and surprisingly well liked. The entire junior class had a Huckleberry Finn paper, 10 pages minimum. He wrote a 125 page paper. The teacher gave him a failing grade for it.
    - dutifully, Kastrel Tyraegen Faendryl, the first freelance guildmaster of the Sorcerer's Guild

Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    I never get rep calling me a cock holster.
    You get better rep than rep calling you cock holster. You get Peter Steele.

5. Default

Spring break surf board RESERVED

6. Default

Rojo don't surf.

This always makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAWMAN View Post
    Id like to bring to everyones attention that Rojodisco had taken upon himself to be a complete dipshit formally. Youll see his random posts cluttering others as he feels it necessary to display publically his lack of social intelligence. He has over 10k posts and probably has a dick the size of my big toe.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RojoDisco View Post
    Spring break surf board RESERVED
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoP1N0OyFic

Next time, it could be YOU, and won't miss.
    - dutifully, Kastrel Tyraegen Faendryl, the first freelance guildmaster of the Sorcerer's Guild

Quote Originally Posted by DCSL View Post
    You get better rep than rep calling you cock holster. You get Peter Steele.
    Very, very true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Rojo don't surf.
    I hereby claim this Texan Mekong delta property of the united states gvnmt. :P
    Last edited by 4a6c1; 02-20-2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Ipad :(