Page 1290 of 2363 FirstFirst ... 2907901190124012801288128912901291129213001340139017902290 ... LastLast
Results 12,891 to 12,900 of 23625

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Smile Today

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Rage View Post
    Psych requires SO MUCH LESS than social work.
    Yeaaaah. Because, if given the choice, it's way more work to get a Masters in social work versus a PhD in Psychology, right?

1. Rude

Quote Originally Posted by Kastrel View Post
    It matters to people who didn't find it easy. I'm sorry I'm a retard and I'm interrupting your regularly scheduled smile thread.

I don't really know what you define as comprehensive, but the VERY first course I attended in my undergraduate program was Sociology 101. I took additional Sociology courses, Anthropology, numerous Biology courses and several Behavioral Psych courses. In my graduate program, it became apparent that having at least a basic grasp of the resources and skills of a social worker was must to even make it through the program.

As for my internship, I was meeting with clients within 15 minutes of my first day, so I couldn't say for sure. Not long after, a variety of disasters struck, seriously hindering the location's ability to run itself, and I ended up heading an entire group of 15-20 individuals by myself for two months. It sounds like the school in question just had a crap psych program.
    Possibly. Did you do an undergrad internship or was it graduate level?

I run a group with adolescent girls who self-harm (with a ton of co-occurring difficulties which you'd expect). There are 10 of them, they are very difficult lately. Only so much screaming at the top of their lungs that I can handle lolol. My one-on-one work is so rewarding though. I'm referring a client for extra treatment outside of school because there isn't enough time in the school day that I can take the kid out of class for and she needs a lot.
    I got that job, by the way

Quote Originally Posted by msconstrew View Post
    Yeaaaah. Because, if given the choice, it's way more work to get a Masters in social work versus a PhD in Psychology, right?
    Because I was referring to an undergraduate degree, your statement is irrelevant. I could get a PhD as well, if I wanted to.

Shut up. Within 5 minutes of my first day, I was meeting with clients. By the end of the first day, I was conducting groups of over 50 clients. I was providing services that people pay upwards of $400/hr.

It matters to people who didn't find it easy. I'm sorry I'm a retard.
    That's just his thing. TheE boasts about how privileged he is to have a rich important daddy and his arrogant "I'm smart therefore you are a retard" attitude any chance he gets. Don't take it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    That's just his thing. TheE boasts about how privileged he is to have a rich important daddy and his arrogant "I'm smart therefore you are a retard" attitude any chance he gets. Don't take it personally.
    lol

7. Default

1. Rude

Possibly. Did you do an undergrad internship or was it graduate level?

I run a group with adolescent girls who self-harm (with a ton of co-occurring difficulties which you'd expect). There are 10 of them, they are very difficult lately. Only so much screaming at the top of their lungs that I can handle lolol. My one-on-one work is so rewarding though. I'm referring a client for extra treatment outside of school because there isn't enough time in the school day that I can take the kid out of class for and she needs a lot.
    I was unable to do an undergrad internship because I got fucked over. I failed out of Statistics in my freshman year (my only failure, math has always been my bane) and it was a pre-requisite for a mandatory Psych course which proceeded to be a pre-req for another, which was a pre-req for another. In other words, it was the first in a chain of four courses, the 2-4th were all very important Psychology courses. Only later did I find out that they are structured in that each is only taught once a year, so if you "miss one" you have to wait a year to catch up. Even though I would be taking Stat again concurrently, and had already TAKEN, though failed, the course, the professor would not let me in, setting me back a year. A year passes, and when I go to take the course the following year? The same professor had 4 students in the class who were taking Stat concurrently with the course, and one who had literally just not taken it at all. In other words, he let 5 students into the course without a Stat cred, but he wouldn't let me in.

Because of this, I had very few courses I could take for a year, and spent my last 3 semesters with an overload curriculum catching up, leaving no time for an internship (which you were only eligible towards the last few semesters due to pre-reqs) I got out on time, but was seriously set-back because of that. Fuck that guy.

Either way, this was my graduate level internship I was talking about.
    - dutifully, Kastrel Tyraegen Faendryl, the first freelance guildmaster of the Sorcerer's Guild

Because I was referring to an undergraduate degree, your statement is irrelevant. I could get a PhD as well, if I wanted to.
    You've admitted in numerous previous posts, which I won't bother to quote, that you're basing your statement on your own experience at your own small school. Therefore your totally unqualified statement that a social work degree is "harder" than a psychology degree has absolutely no factual basis. Furthermore, it makes no allowance for the fact that there are different focuses within both psychology and social work that might be considered "harder" within the same discipline. You know, you've got a good GPA. That's something of which you should be proud. But trying to make yourself sound important or smart by denigrating another discipline just makes you sound stupid.

You've admitted in numerous previous posts, which I won't bother to quote, that you're basing your statement on your own experience at your own small school. Therefore your totally unqualified statement that a social work degree is "harder" than a psychology degree has absolutely no factual basis. Furthermore, it makes no allowance for the fact that there are different focuses within both psychology and social work that might be considered "harder" within the same discipline. You know, you've got a good GPA. That's something of which you should be proud. But trying to make yourself sound important or smart by denigrating another discipline just makes you sound stupid.
    ok

I was unable to do an undergrad internship because I got fucked over. I failed out of Statistics in my freshman year (my only failure, math has always been my bane) and it was a pre-requisite for a mandatory Psych course which proceeded to be a pre-req for another, which was a pre-req for another. In other words, it was the first in a chain of four courses, the 2-4th were all very important Psychology courses. Only later did I find out that they are structured in that each is only taught once a year, so if you "miss one" you have to wait a year to catch up. Even though I would be taking Stat again concurrently, and had already TAKEN, though failed, the course, the professor would not let me in, setting me back a year. A year passes, and when I go to take the course the following year? The same professor had 4 students in the class who were taking Stat concurrently with the course, and one who had literally just not taken it at all. In other words, he let 5 students into the course without a Stat cred, but he wouldn't let me in.

Because of this, I had very few courses I could take for a year, and spent my last 3 semesters with an overload curriculum catching up, leaving no time for an internship (which you were only eligible towards the last few semesters due to pre-reqs) I got out on time, but was seriously set-back because of that. Fuck that guy.

Either way, this was my graduate level internship I was talking about.
    That sounds really crappy. Our program is structured like that too, fortunately I never had to stay back. It must have been miserable. That guy sounds like a d-bag. lolol