Page 2332 of 2363 FirstFirst ... 13321832223222822322233023312332233323342342 ... LastLast
Results 23,311 to 23,320 of 23625

Thread: Thread for Things That Made You Smile Today

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Still can’t be worse than the job EA has been doing with their Star Wars license.
    That's just it. Disney released a statement saying they were fine with the job EA was doing with the license.

Which was just off the heels of EA cancelling an open world Star Wars game.
    Last edited by Astray; 03-20-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    That's just it. Disney released a statement saying they were fine with the job EA was doing with the license.

Which was just off the heels of EA cancelling an open world Star Wars game.

To be fair, Disney also thinks The Last Jedi is good.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

The Rangers ended up being number #2 in yesterday's NHL lottery.
    Last edited by Stanley Burrell; 04-10-2019 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Gonads and strife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

4. Default

Picked up a nice little 9mm on the cheap. Just took it out shooting yesterday for the first time. I was looking for something lightweight that I could carry into the woods, just to make a moose, deer, or black bear reconsider in an emergency. Didn't want to spend a whole lot but I was pleasantly surprised with this little gun.

It's a Taurus G2C. Inside and outside, it performs really similarly to guns more than double its price. I paid a little over 200 for it, and it's very similar in style and competency to a Glock 19, which would've set me back 5-600.

Edit to add: Also, unlike the Glock 19, it has a manual safety on it. I never trusted just those trigger guard safeties that've gotten so popular over the years. This has both manual and the obligatory trigger guard.

Last edited by Stumplicker; 04-15-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Picked up a nice little 9mm on the cheap. Just took it out shooting yesterday for the first time. I was looking for something lightweight that I could carry into the woods, just to make a moose, deer, or black bear reconsider in an emergency. Didn't want to spend a whole lot but I was pleasantly surprised with this little gun.

It's a Taurus G2C. Inside and outside, it performs really similarly to guns more than double its price. I paid a little over 200 for it, and it's very similar in style and competency to a Glock 19, which would've set me back 5-600.

Edit to add: Also, unlike the Glock 19, it has a manual safety on it. I never trusted just those trigger guard safeties that've gotten so popular over the years. This has both manual and the obligatory trigger guard.

I wouldn't fire 9mm at a moose. Not at most bears either.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I wouldn't fire 9mm at a moose. Not at most bears either.
    No, of course you're not going to do any real damage with a 9mm, but in an emergency situation where the normal procedures have failed, it at least offers a chance to change the mind of an animal intent on coming at you. I wouldn't shoot a 9mm at a deer either, but I'm not going to walk around in the woods during rutting season without some sort of gun for example. Ideally that gun would be a 12 gauge, but that's too heavy/unwieldy with all the other stuff I'm carrying to be anything but a nuisance.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 04-15-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Blog Entries

If a moose or bear attack you and all you have is a 9mm, you're better off just shooting yourself.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    If a moose or bear attack you and all you have is a 9mm, you're better off just shooting yourself.
    You're more likely to scare them off with the sound than the bullet. And there's plenty of SOP in place to make sure meese and bears don't attack you in the first place. They don't generally want to. But in an emergency, it's better than nothing at all. For just a couple pounds worn on the belt, that's a no brainer.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 04-15-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Blog Entries

I mean, you can kill a bear or a moose with a 9mm, but you have to hit them in places that matter. Otherwise it'll just drive them further into that life or death mentality and if they're already charging you it is obvious which they picked between flight or fight.

You'll want to check out buffalo bore ammo to have your best chance.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I mean, you can kill a bear or a moose with a 9mm, but you have to hit them in places that matter. Otherwise it'll just drive them further into that life or death mentality and if they're already charging you it is obvious which they picked between flight or fight.

You'll want to check out buffalo bore ammo to have your best chance.
    Good call. That's exactly what I have. Well, as well as a few boxes of standard 9mm for the range. Either way, as you guys know there's a 99.99999% chance of never having to use it as long as you're doing everything right anyway. But better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 04-15-2019 at 01:00 PM.