Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Art of the Bow" - GSIV Archery Guide

I'll post some clips of Nuadjha hunting later, sure. For sniping, though, someone else will have to provide them.

Maybe you could add all of the external factors that affect AIMing success? I know in the past I've heard injuries, encumbrance, 613...

Also was there ever any research done on where the sighted bows add their bonus? (i.e. Heavy=10 points of sighting=10 ranks of perception)? Or does it just add to a general successful strike formula?

Unfortunately, sighting is one of those unquantified systems. We have no idea what "+10 points of sighting" really means.

I have a temp exceptional and a perm decent--roughly a difference of 8-9 points of sighting... how many shots would I have to take to figure something out? Statisticians?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvicke View Post
    Maybe you could add all of the external factors that affect AIMing success? I know in the past I've heard injuries, encumbrance, 613...

Also was there ever any research done on where the sighted bows add their bonus? (i.e. Heavy=10 points of sighting=10 ranks of perception)? Or does it just add to a general successful strike formula?
    To my knowledge, aiming is affected by level, injuries, encumbrance, and perhaps profession.

Droit's right about sighting, too, but perhaps 500 shots or so would give some idea. You'd have to make sure all factors stayed the same, or as close as possible.

Blog Entries

Have Virilneus animate something big, and a wizard for haste. Beat on the animate and he can heal it as needed. Quick and easy.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    To my knowledge, aiming is affected by level, injuries, encumbrance, and perhaps profession.

Droit's right about sighting, too, but perhaps 500 shots or so would give some idea. You'd have to make sure all factors stayed the same, or as close as possible.
    So uphunting has a natural penalty to aim even if you're overtrained in the requisite skills? It would explain a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvicke View Post
    So uphunting has a natural penalty to aim even if you're overtrained in the requisite skills? It would explain a lot...

Yep.

... meh. I can't do it. I signed in and then signed back out. I cannot summon the will to give enough of a crap to hunt, even to post some clips. Someone else post them.

excellent post! but im pretty sure you cant heal animates...