Thread: LICH Warning

Default LICH Warning

Tonight while using the Pure script, Lich removed my pack and dropped it. Failing to see this, I stepped away from the table. Returning within 30 to 60 seconds, the pack was gone. Several significant items were lost.

Below a portion of the log:

[Barn Owl Table]
    This table has been made with dark red battens and boards, styled to look like the side of a barn. Even the lamp on the table is topped by a shade of barn red, with a finial shaped like a weathervane. The chairs are stylized milking stools, thickly-padded for comfort.
    Obvious exits: out
    >;pure pack sack sack
    --- Lich: pure active.
    >
    In the serpent skin pack you see a portal ticket, some finger cymbals, some feathered aquamarine gloves, a vial of vitreous humor (5), a large gold nugget (2), a star diopside, a glyph-etched star emerald talisman, a slender locker manifest, a deep blue leather bankbook, a tree-carved blackthorn mandolin, a platinum nugget, a silver-etched vultite axe, a monir crumhorn, a dull gold coin, a scarred vruul hide bound book, a stained scrap of manuscript, a gold-edged black silk handkerchief, a bright coraesine handaxe, a scale-covered mithril round shield and the following:
    1 Herb: some ephlox moss.
    20 Scroll: a smeared scroll (2), an illuminated parchment, a silvery scroll, a piece of tattered paper, a neatly inked scroll, an old scroll, a torn scroll (3), an arcane scroll, an aged scroll, a faded palimpsest, a crumbling scroll (2), a charred parchment, a torn parchment, a sheaf of charred paper, a scorched scroll and a charred scroll.
    27 Gem: a white opal (2), a star sapphire (5), a blue-white frost opal, a green sapphire, a violet sapphire (3), a yellow sapphire (2), a red spinel, some blue lapis lazuli, a star ruby (4), an uncut ruby, some polished red coral, a black opal, a large grey pearl, a pink sapphire (2) and a blue sapphire.
    1 Wand: a smooth bone wand.
    19 Alchemy: a tiny golden seed (19).
    3 Magic: a n'ayanad crystal, a fine gold flask and a white flask.
    2 Skin: a small troll tooth and a petrified mammoth tusk.
    (97 Total)
    >
    27 gems left (estimated time left is ??:??).
    You remove a white opal from in your serpent skin pack.
    >
    You begin your musical chant for Purification Song...
    Your spellsong is ready.
    >
    You sing a melody, directing the sound of your voice at a white opal.
    In response to your voice, the white opal glows luminously, its crystalline structure reforming as the gem becomes more perfect.
    When the song ends, you notice the white opal sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.
    Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    >

Lots of singing cut out....

You put a star ruby in your bearskin sack.
    >
    18 gems left (estimated time left is 9:37).
    You remove a star ruby from in your serpent skin pack.
    >
    Your spellsong is ready.
    >
    You sing a melody, directing the sound of your voice at a star ruby.
    As the gem resonates in response to your voice, you sense that it cannot be purified any further.
    Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    >
    You sing:

"Star ruby, I ask this favor of you
    Show the purpose laying beneath your hue"

Roundtime: 10 sec.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the star ruby in your hand, and you learn something about it...

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the ruby is as a gem of some kind. As you sing, the ruby seems to resonate with your voice, and you feel it trying to draw power from you.

R>

HERE IS THE BAD PART....

You take a chalk white serpent skin pack off your back.
    You drop a chalk white serpent skin pack.
    >
    You put a star ruby in your bearskin sack.
    >
    17 gems left (estimated time left is 8:30).
    Get what?

Took me a minute to figure out something was wrong...

>
    12 gems left (estimated time left is 4:14).
    Get what?
    >
    Your spellsong is ready.
    >
    What were you referring to?
    >;kill pure
    --- Lich: pure has exited.
    >stand
    You are already standing.
    >look
    [Barn Owl Table]
    This table has been made with dark red battens and boards, styled to look like the side of a barn. Even the lamp on the table is topped by a shade of barn red, with a finial shaped like a weathervane. The chairs are stylized milking stools, thickly-padded for comfort. You also see a chalk white serpent skin pack.
    Obvious exits: out

I don't see anywhere in the pure script that it has a "remove <container>".

What version are you using?

Also, Lich didn't do this, ;pure did, in point of fact.

i dunno much about lich, but if you're using a laptop and you have active links enabled a random dangling digit when moving the cursor across the screen can did this with relative ease. I dunno if lich functions in stormfront or as it's own front-end.

Great news! I think it was the blue text...not lich. Lich warning withdrawn!

ALT-L to disable links.

Did you really lose a coraesine handaxe? :'(

7. Default

And 7x returner

Yeah I've been using pure.lic and further updated versions for at least 3yrs going and I've never had this problem. Definitely something local on your end I'd say. I wouldn't put it past Emerdick or whatever his name is to do a script check like this either..
    Last edited by Morrff; 01-27-2010 at 11:18 AM.

9. Default

it's safe to say the real loss here was the finger cymbals

You take a chalk white serpent skin pack off your back.
    You drop a chalk white serpent skin pack.
    What were the commands sent to the game that caused this to happen? I can't find anything in my copy of pure.lic either that removes and/or drops a container.

You edited out what the script sent to the game. Knowing this would be really helpful for debugging.
    Last edited by Drunken Durfin; 01-27-2010 at 12:29 PM.