Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 2

Blog Entries

Default Mass Effect 2

Anyone else picking this up tomorrow? Some automated Gamestop thing called to inform me that they will be releasing the game at midnight. I guess I will pick it up then, as i've been waiting on the damn game since the end of the first one. Never been to a midnight game release. Should be weird, awkward, and embarassing. Probably smelly and cramped too.

ANYWHO, Bioshock 2 is out Feburary 9th. Good span of games out in the next few months, actually.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

2. Default

Both versions have already been leaked, surprise surprise. I won't be buying it immediately though, probably sometime in February.

Also, am I the only one that didn't care for Bioshock? I thought it was incredibly boring, and not just the plot, but everything. Level design, weapons, monsters, ai, ect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Both versions have already been leaked, surprise surprise. I won't be buying it immediately though, probably sometime in February.

Also, am I the only one that didn't care for Bioshock? I thought it was incredibly boring, and not just the plot, but everything. Level design, weapons, monsters, ai, ect.
    I really liked Bioshock. My only problem with the game was its difficulty. Even on the hardest mode I didn't die once, and I am no pro gamer. They fixed that later with hardcore difficulty modes, but by that point I was done with the game.

What FPS games do you like, Android?
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-25-2010 at 10:20 AM.

4. Default

The more realistic types. I became a huge fan of Counter Strike when it was in early beta in 1999. Not to mention the games by Dice, BF1942 and BF2 mainly, can't wait for BF3 to come out.

Definitely looking forward to Mass Effect 2. Loved the first one, even if combat was a bit repetitive, and you can only visit the same "palette swap" planet on the rover so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I did not care really care for BioShock. It didn't help that people acted like the whole art deco, retro 50's style atmosphere was invented by BioShock and that "Fallout copied it," which was really annoying. Or that choosing whether to harvest the sisters was some "profound moral choice" unlike anything we've seen in any other game. Meh. :/

Blog Entries

I liked Bioshock because of the storyline, memorable characters, and the art style. Yes, Fallout (1 and 2) lead the way with that idea, but Bioshock certainly benefited from it as well. I honestly didn't see the twist coming at the end, and I was absolutely enamored with the character of Andrew Ryan. His voice overs were priceless...

Quote from: Andrew Ryan
    * "No Gods, Or Kings. Only Man."

* "It is this great inversion, this ancient lie which has chained humanity to an endless cycle of guilt and failure. My journey to Rapture was my second exodus. In 1919 I fled a county that had been traded in despotism for insanity. The Marxist Revolution simply traded one lie for another. Instead of one man, the Czar, owning the work of all the people, all the people owned the work of all of the people. And so I came to America; where a man could own his own work. Where a man could benefit from the brilliance of his own mind, the strength of his own muscles, the might of his own will."

* "Whenever anyone wants others to do their work they call upon their Altruism. 'Never mind your own needs,' they say, 'Think of the needs of... of whoever. Of the state. Of the poor. Of the Army, of the King. Of God.' The list goes on and on. How many catastrophes were launched with the words 'Think of yourself?' It's the king and country crowd who light the torch of destruction."

* "I had thought I had left the Parasites of Moscow behind me. I thought I had left the Marxist Altruists to their collective farms and their 'Five Year Plans'. But as the German fools threw themselves on Hitler's sword for the good of the Reich, the Americans drank deeper and deeper of the Bolshevik poison, spoon fed to them by Roosevelt and his New Dealers. And so I asked myself, 'In what country was there a place for men like me? Men who refused to say yes to the parasites and the doubters? Men who believed that work was sacred and property rights inviolate?' And then one day the happy answer came to me, my friends. There was no country for people like me. And that was the moment I decided to build one!"

* "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city, as well."

* "A man has a choice. I chose the impossible. I built a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the great would not be constrained by the small, where a scientist would not be bound by petty morality. I chose to build....Rapture. But my city was betrayed by the weak. So I ask you, my friend...if your life's price was to kill the innocent, would you sacrifice your humanity? We all make choices...but in the end, our choices make us."

* "In what country is there a place for people like me?"

* "All good things on this earth flow into the city."

* "Altruism is the root of all wickedness."

* "On my walk today I had my first encounter with a pair of them... he, a lumbering palooka in a foul smelling diving suit, and she, an unwashed moppet in a filthy pink smock. Her pallor was off, green and morbid, and there was a rather unpleasant aspect to her demeanor, as if she were in an altogether different place than the rest of us. ...I understand the need for such creatures, I just wish they could make them more presentable."

* "Could I have made mistakes? One does not build cities if one is guided by doubt. But can one govern in absolute certainty? I know that my beliefs have elevated me, just as I know that the things I have rejected would have destroyed me. But the city... it is collapsing before my... have I become so convinced by my own beliefs that I have stopped seeing the truth? Perhaps. But Atlas is out there, and he aims to destroy me, and destroy my city. To question is to surrender. I will not question."

* "So tell me, friend, which one of the bitches sent you? The KGB wolf? Or the CIA jackal? Here's the news: Rapture isn't some sunken ship for you to plunder, and Andrew Ryan isn't the giddy socialite who can be pushed around by government muscle."

* "It was not impossible to build Rapture at the bottom of the sea. It was impossible to build it anywhere else."

* "On the surface, I once bought a forest. The parasites claimed that the land belonged to God, and that I establish a public park there. Why? So that the rabble could stand slack-jawed under the canopy and pretend that it was paradise earned. When Congress moved to nationalize my forest, I burnt it to the ground. God did not plant the seeds of this Arcadia. I did."

* "What is the difference between a man and a parasite? A man builds, a parasite asks, 'Where's my share?' A man creates, a parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?' A man invents, a parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God...'"
    o Paraphrase of a quote from the Fountainhead. "And here man faces his basic alternative: he can survive in only one of two ways—by the independent work of his own mind or as a parasite fed by the minds of others. The creator originates. The parasite borrows. The creator faces nature alone. The parasite faces nature through an intermediary." (Howard Roark)

* "Even in a book of lies you sometimes find truth. There is indeed a season for all things, and now that I see you flesh to flesh, blood to blood, I know I cannot raise my hand against you. But know this, you are my greatest disappointment. Does your master hear me? Atlas! You can kill me, but you can never have my city! My strength is not in steel or fire, that is what the parasites will never understand. A season for all things, a time to live, and a time to die. A time to build, and a time to destroy! Come now my child, there is one last thing to discuss."

* "I believe in no God, no invisible man in the sky. But there is something more powerful in each of us, a combination of our efforts, a great chain of industry that unites us. But it is only when we struggle in our own interests that the chain pulls society in the right direction. The chain is too powerful and too mysterious for any government to guide. Any man who tells you differently either has his hand in your pocket or a pistol to your neck."

* "Is there blood in the streets? Of course. Have some chosen to destroy themselves with careless splicing? Undeniable. But I will make no proclamations, I will dictate no laws. The Great Chain moves slowly, but with wisdom. It is our impatience that invites in the Parasite of big government. And once you've invited it in, it will never stop feeding on the body of the city. "

* "What is the greatest lie ever created? What is the most vicious obscenity ever perpetrated on mankind? Slavery? The Holocaust? Dictatorship? No. It's the tool with which all that wickedness is built. Altruism."

* "Why are you so resistant to the traditional methods of separating a man from his soul?"

* "The assassin has overcome my final defense, and now he's come to murder me. In the end, what separates a man from a slave? Money? Power? No, a man chooses, a slave obeys. You think you have memories. A farm, a family, an airplane, a crash, and then this place. Was there really a family? Did that plane crash, or was it hijacked, forced down, forced down by something less than a man? Something bred to sleepwalk through life, until they're activated by a simple phrase spoken by their kindly master? Was a man sent to kill? Or a slave? A man chooses, a slave obeys. Come here, stop, would you kindly? 'Would you kindly'. A powerful phrase, a familiar phrase. Sit, would you kindly? Stand, would you kindly? Run! Stop. Turn! A man chooses, a slave obeys."

* "KILL! A man chooses...a slave obeys...OBEY! "

* "On the surface, the Parasite expects the doctor to heal them for free, the farmer to feed them out of charity. How little they differ from the pervert, who prowls the streets, looking for a victim he can ravish for his grotesque amusement."

I'm playing through Bioshock on ps3 before I get 2, which I pre-ordered. Mass Effect 2 will require a better PC but it looks glorious.
    >read
    You can't do that.
    >You gather the remaining 1337 coins from inside your maoral box.

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Ohh yes ohh yes I like crayons dur dur heavy breathing candy bar oh oh oh

I'm playing Mass Effect 1 right now. Literally. It's in a window on my other monitor. Just made Spectre.

9. Default

I saw a review of ME2 and I guess using a saved game from the first one can make a pretty big difference.

I don't have mine anymore

I really want this game, but I'm still working through Bayonetta and Darksiders. Too many damn games. =(