Page 486 of 486 FirstFirst ... 386436476484485486
Results 4,851 to 4,853 of 4853

Thread: UGH

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    I have not yet had the opportunity to try the explorable modes for the dungeons yet. I can imagine them being significantly more challenging for most players considering that there is no 'Tank' or 'Healer' roles in GW2, and it will predominantly involve all 5 players coordinating well together to successfully get thru.

I pugged AC storymode, and it was a clusterfark ... but an organized guild run through was a much more polished experience.

I'd say that if an organized group of 5 (presumably all guild, or 5 people who are well-acquainted with each other and can communicate on ventrilo) can get thru explorer mode, then it is probably designed correctly.

Since ArenaNet's $revenue model does not factor in monthly subscriptions, they do not really need to appeal to the casual gamers (who are probably a good portion of the current GW2 population), as the GW2 game-design is centered around the dedicated player that will stick with GW2 and learn how to work through the challenges of explorer-mode, and presumably build a cooperative community to get thru such content. Also, with them being dedicated players, they'll be utilizing the cash-shop which will help support the game.

However, 'Nerfs' to explorer-mode may be required if such dedicated players (who are adhering to a more genuine sense of cooperative play than pug-ing in general) struggle to get thru explorer mode content, and it risks discouraging them from continue to play themselves.

ArenaNet has already gotten its $60 from casual players, and there is undoubtedly enough *content* for them from L0 to L80 with the storymode for all of the dungeons, and the server-based-PvP (that is a lot of gaming hours to get through it all, just the first time around).

Other games like WoW & Rift have a higher standard to meet for casual players as they must be able to keep them *engaged* on a month-to-month basis to maintain their subscription-based $revenue model.
    Casual players are the ones who pay the bills in GW2, just like in WoW. Except they're paying for convenience items in GW2, instead of paying a sub and then not using as much bandwidth as possible in WoW.
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.

I'll stick with this thread since it seems to bother you and g++ so much. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    I'll stick with this thread since it seems to bother you and g++ so much. =)
    Please do. I'm pretty sure they left already anyway.