Thread: Remind me how to play a rogue..

Default Remind me how to play a rogue..

As most of you laugh and call me names... hopefully someone will chime in with a bit of advice. I don't have the wizard FE, or any of my old scripts. So relearning rogues on a new interface is a bit unfun. I feel blind the way this stormfront is set up. None of my old highlights or anything.

Mainly I think I just need reminders on rogue guild junk, since I never used it much before and forgot what I have used.

What's the stun manuever stuff? It only works on stuns right, not like fear or other immobilizing things?

I almost got owned in Widgets robes tonight, cause I couldn't recall the commands for it.

The robes are pretty nice until you get hit by a cman or spell or something. Once I was on the ground I was down to like 300ish DS in robes... Was only dumb luck that I survived.

Seeing as I have ewave, it is more useful than sweep yeah? Or would sweep have a higher success rate on solo mobs?

Back when I played the other rogues the majority of what I used was ewave, and haste imbeds, and I never had trouble. But I also had HCP+ brig/plate armors which I don't have now.

So I need to make some new strategies and macros and whatnot if anyone cares to share some small tidbits of what you use.

And on the stormfront, is there a way to change the memory settings for what you typed? In the WizFE I could make it so it had to be three characters or longer to memorize it, but this thing is memorizing the w,e,n directions I type in.

Ugh. Ditch the robes and get into full plate.

E-wave is completely unnecessary. Throw up 425 and go to town with either ranged or THW. With ranged, just get a 5x bow and e-bladed arrows and fire away from the open.

If you're ever at the point where Recent Deaths > 1 with a post-cap rogue, you're doing it wrong.

Yeah, seriously you've got a 25m+ exp rogue. Grab some shitty ass 4x fullplate, a 4x bow and eblade some arrows and PWN stuff in the eyes. I wouldn't rely on the tactics of the guy who put Tsin's death penalty into the stratasphere.
    The Nalfein Kitten

Or better yet, get some fucking cracking amazing full plate and you'll never die. You might have enough MnE CS to E-Strike a Combatant aswell. Just ignore the Defenders.
    OR go back to OTF and have a really fun time playing a rogue that you're supposed to. Alone, without a team and really get stuck in.