Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want Optimus Prime to hunt for you?

Default Do you want Optimus Prime to hunt for you?

Optimus.lic
    Because these days, the only real men left are giant robots...
    Requires Lich V4

Q: Optimus Prime?
    A: Basically, a lot of people ask me to write them hunting scripts. One day (yesterday) I decided to write the end-all be-all of hunting scripts. I envisioned it having two basic requirements:
    1. It has to be about as versatile as the hunting scripts I already use - any profession should be able to use it with any hunting style in any area of the game.
    2. The setup would have to be both approachable and fast, even for a non-technical user.

Q: Er.... Optimus Prime?
    A: Based on the feedback I've gotten from people I've distributed hunting scripts to, I know that the above functionality is highly desirable. More importantly, I find the idea of people using a script with a dumb-as-bricks name like Optimus Prime - that talks to them - to be hilarious.

Q: It will talk to me?
    A: Yes.

Q: *Facepalm*
    A: ...

Q: ...That's really really stupid.
    A: I know.

Q: What will it say?
    A: Things like this: "My father was a wheel! The first wheel! And do you know what he transformed into? Nothing! But he did it with honor!"

Q: Your sense of humor is kind of... eh...
    A: Eh...

Q: Can I go AFK while I use it?
    A: Ya, but you'll probably get banned.

Q: Can I have it now?
    A: Ya.

Q: I'm a caster.
    A: Then you probably want to do stuff like this in the Attack Routine: '413 target, 910 target, 903 target(xx)'

Q: Okay... but I want to spell myself up while resting.
    A: Add 'waggle' to Resting Scripts.

Q: What's up with this? '903 target(xx)'.
    A: If you add (xx) to a command, Optimus will continue executing it until the fight is over. You can also do things like (x2).

Q: What if I only want to cast 910 when i have at least 50 mana?
    A: 910 target(m50).

Q: It says Attack Routine Signs, but I'm in Sunfist/Voln! And I want to use Cman Surge!
    A: You can add any sign/sigil/symbol/cman to Attack Routine Signs. Spells like 506 too. Just add the correct spell ID.

Q: What's the spell ID for <insert sign/sigil/symbol/cman>?
    A: Mouse over the signs/sigils/cmans entry field in setup for a complete list of ID's.
    Last edited by Alorn15; 04-04-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    ~ Azanoth

Discord: carnivale1523

Quote Originally Posted by Alorn15 View Post
    Q: What will it say?
    A: Things like this: "My father was a wheel! The first wheel! And do you know what he transformed into? Nothing! But he did it with honor!"
    I dunno, personally I think that's hilarious. Granted, I've been insulted for thinking MegaTokyo is cute, but whatever
    I visualize a time when we will be to robots what dogs are to humans, and I'm rooting for the machines. -- Claude Shannon

Nice work sir

What about using things like sacrifice or mana leech? I suppose with leech you could put it into the routine, but that isn't perfect, ideal you'd have it become a priority when a certain mana level is reached.

I'm not familiar with those spells, but it sounds like what you're talking about could be worked in without much hassle.

EDIT: Added optional mana/stamina checks.
    Last edited by Alorn15; 11-14-2009 at 11:36 AM.
    ~ Azanoth

Optimus.lic is now on the repository for beta testing. It does require V4.

New features:
    - Option to wait for creature to swing
    - Option to use sign of wracking (won't wrack if impending spirit drains will drop you below 1)
    - Ranged functionality, including ammunition gathering
    - Caster functionality, with optional mana checks (checks are not necessary to prevent Optimus from frying your nerves, which should never happen. This is a way of allowing the user to specify which spells they would like to cast at certain mana thresholds)
    - Option to hide while waiting for ammunition to become gatherable
    - Will record and display average hunt times
    - Will talk to you

Known issues include:
    - Cmans don't yet work when included in "Refresh these society abilities/cmans"
    - I'd like to improve upon the clarity of the GUI labels, as well as implement more tooltips. Suggestions welcome here.

A new version of sloot is ready and should be uploaded in the next day or so. This version includes a 'sell' command, which will sell loot and deposit silvers. The two scripts interface very well, and to include this functionality in Optimus simply add 'sloot sell' to your settings, under 'Run these scripts while resting.'
    Last edited by Alorn15; 11-16-2009 at 04:07 PM.
    ~ Azanoth

7. Default

How about hunting with berserk?

How about downloading it and checking the options?
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Berserk is in my copy of the script, but not the one on the repository. I'm still trying to figure out everything the script should do. So far it's basically this:

if(stamina is at least 12)
    berserk
    loop until "The redness fades from the world"
    put stop if mind is fried
    else
    target random
    kill
    ~ Azanoth

10. Default

I would change that to

if(stamina is at least 20)

20 is the minimum cost to berserk without pulling a muscle. Other then that it looks good.