Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Weightless Container, High-End Aug Chain, Gem Chisel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Danical View Post
    No idea. I wouldn't pay too much for them considering after I ran the numbers on them they only increase your profit by a slim margin.

I thought the last one went for 100m in like 30 seconds.
    100m was the selling price of the last one I saw.

I quickly decided it wasn't worth it. It would take forever to recoup the cost, before one even starts making profit. Figure, at best you get 5k per uncut diamond or analogous gem. Assuming you are able to get EVERY diamond you find up to 10k (you can't) and NEVER blow any up (you will, d100=1 is always out there ), that's 100,000,000/5000 == 20,000 uncut diamonds (or analogous gems) that you'd need to cover the cost of the chisel itself.

No thank you

Bard > chisel, for sure

wasn't Durfin selling one last year? just track it down.

chisel, that is
    Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Please note I left my computer on and my weiner dogs have been moderating these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalRob View Post
    wasn't Durfin selling one last year? just track it down.

chisel, that is
    Yeah, I had one for a while I used in conjunction with a bard. After several months of tracking values I got rid of it. Infer what you will.

4. Default

What's the point of having a gem chisel then, especially if the asking price is 100m?

'cause you can re-sell it for that price and keep everything you did make off of it?
    I want a Game Genie code for "Only Get Uncut Emerald Bounties".

I saw a gem chisel sell for 45 million a few years back. These things are really worth what you pay for them and I sure as hell wouldn't pay 100 for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

7. Default

I originally paid 20 for mine. It has definitely been worth the price. Especially now that I have my own bard to purify with.
    Last edited by Sylvan Dreams; 10-19-2009 at 12:42 AM.
    Truth, Justice and the Arabian way!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan Dreams View Post
    I originally paid 20 for mine. It has definitely been worth the price. Especially now that I have my own bard to purify with.
    20m is much less insane, but even still, that's 4000 perfect gems you'd need to chisel to break even. How long does that take? How long have you had the chisel?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    20m is much less insane, but even still, that's 4000 perfect gems you'd need to chisel to break even. How long does that take? How long have you had the chisel?
    I think I bought it in 1997 or so, around there. It was in GS3, before the rift and EN were added.
    Truth, Justice and the Arabian way!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan Dreams View Post
    I think I bought it in 1997 or so, around there. It was in GS3, before the rift and EN were added.
    Heh. Well in that case, yes, I imagine you've had a chance to make back your money.

I'd love a gem chisel, it'd be perfect for my character to have, but no way am I dropping more than 25m on one of those, tops. Just not worth it.