Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UberBar

Default UberBar

Uber Bar!

Uber Bar with the Skin I just made... (Yes, the health, mana, stamina, and spirit are gone from the bottom... GONE!)

Any other ideas what I could add to it before I repo it? The target thing doesn't work yet, and 50/50 if I'm taking it out...

Oh, and Tillmen & Them made me make this:

mmmm... boobies...
    I think it's pretty nifty, but I'm not 100% onboard with it yet LOL...
    Last edited by Deathravin; 09-08-2009 at 05:02 AM.

hands, prep, statusbar, obvious paths.

I was thinking about taking the hands & cast bars out of the skin and putting them into uberbar, ya...

the Compass is already nice and small, don't think I need to be adding that (and not sure it would be possible (and CERTAINLY wouldn't be worth it, memory-wise)

the StatusBar COULD go in there... not sure if I'd want it to... but it probably could. Again though, it works fine where it is and it doesn't really take up too much space.

I WANT to get rid of that stupid fucking button menu... the 'main/combat/information' button with the 'look, attack, etc' at the bottom. I've been in and out of the skin and can't find the damn thing listed anywhere. I can block it from being sent to me with Lich but I'd rather not... modifying the XML is... risky...

Put in a pulse timer. That has got to be the most annoying thing to me about SF, it has no frigging pulse timer!

That's one tiny SF window. Are you playing on a netbook or something?

Nah, I play 4 people at once... Me and my two buddies...

As for a pulse timer, I was considering it... Here's the problem with it... The more XML data you push to SF, the more the memory leak makes itself known. This bar is still yet to be tested with that regard.

I can make a very accurate pulse timer now that I know more about how it works. I was thinking about just updating it any time anything else updated, and updating it by itself in the following way:
    >90 seconds, 1/2 way, >60 seconds, 30 seconds, 20, 15, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Pulse timers can't be accurate by the nature of the pulses. It's a random number from XX to XXX (can't remember the specific seconds). My pulse timer just took the average of the min/max range and used that as the reset point anytime it detected a pulse. You could improve on this quite a bit by using a running average to make a best guess at the next pulse. IIRC the pulses will average around the midpoint over time.

The problem with the counters, as Deathravin said, is that the data is being updated continually (every second with mine) which makes SF leak memory like a stuck pig.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

You're aware that the pulse occurs (pseudo) randomly, correct? From 92-152 seconds.

Also the new mana bread pulses will probably mess with it the way you're handling it currently.

You could always take the Casting/Hard round time prompts that are sent and combine them, and then use the unused round time as your pulse counter.

Basically you trap something like:
    <castTime value='1212352012'/>
    and resend it as:
    <roundTime value='1212352012'/>

Then when a pulse occurs just take the prompt time, add 92 to it (Minimum time between mana pulses).

Then you can see if you have "cast RT" that means you've got some time before a pulse, then once it's run out you'll know a pulse could happen any minute now.