Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EXP absorbtion formula from base logic

1. Default

So, you are saying we get the same EXP absorbtion whether our base logic score is 0 or maxxed at 100 and that base is 25 no matter what. So, crrect me if I am wrong Joseph

If I roll a character with 20 logic and another with 100 logic.... as long as their race/bonus/modifiers/mind fry are all the same.... they will then have the exact same EXP absorbtion. Thier base is always 25 regardless of the base LOGIC stat?

For the third time, your logic STAT is irrelevant, only your logic BONUS matters. The reason you can't find any information on the effect of your logic STAT on experience absorption is because IT HAS NO EFFECT.
    Last edited by Kithor; 09-01-2009 at 10:18 PM.

So to sum up:

According to Joseph, the base is 25 for everyone. That would make this part in bold from KP inaccurate and in need of some kind of edit, right?
    Experience absorption is affected by a number of factors, including one's physical location in the game, one's status with regard to a group, and even health.
    On-node

* Base rate - a number dictated by one's LOG stat
    * Pool size - for every 200 unabsorbed exp in one's pool, one absorbs an extra experience point per pulse
    * Group - if you are a member of a group, you get one extra experience point per pulse
    Or KP is right, and homey should keep on looking for an answer to what part that bold and underlined word plays.

From the looks of it, the confusion comes from being told that the answer is up on KP,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithor View Post
    All the info you're looking for is on krakiipedia, end of story.
    and then that he's wrong for subsequently repeating what's up there (again, look at the bold part).
    For the third time, your logic STAT is irrelevant, only your logic BONUS matters. The reason you can't find any information on the effect of your logic STAT on experience absorption is because IT HAS NO EFFECT.
    Last edited by yesicj; 09-01-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: I speeel goodly

Hence why I pointed you to read the links at the bottom of the page, which refer to the changes made to the xp system. But you're just listening to what you want to hear so I'm done here.

I might be blind, but I don't see anything in the changes that addresses how the base rate is determined. I am not disputing that the absorption rate is base + LOGbonus/5 or base + LOGbonus/7; however, Krakiipedia's only mention of the base is that it is "dictated by" logic stat as opposed to bonus.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

Tisket is the best.

Hence why I pointed you to read the links at the bottom of the page, which refer to the changes made to the xp system. But you're just listening to what you want to hear so I'm done here.
    Cool. That would've been the answer too, if guy were asking about what effect Logic bonus has. When you come back (which you inevitably will), here's what the one relevant change post says about Logic:
    Logic Bonus Changes -- The benefit of Logic bonus on experience absorption has been changed from a multiplier of the base amount to an addition to the base amount. When on a node or in town, you will absorb an extra (Logic Bonus/5) experience every pulse. When in a hunting area, you will absorb an extra (Logic Bonus/7) per pulse. For most players this will result in a small improvement while on a node and no significant change when in a hunting area.
    See that underlined part there in bold? There's that pesky base amount thing again. Which, again, is supposedly based on your Logic stat according to KP, which has all the info he needs.

Bob beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muktare View Post
    So, you are saying we get the same EXP absorbtion whether our base logic score is 0 or maxxed at 100 and that base is 25 no matter what. So, crrect me if I am wrong Joseph

If I roll a character with 20 logic and another with 100 logic.... as long as their race/bonus/modifiers/mind fry are all the same.... they will then have the exact same EXP absorbtion. Thier base is always 25 regardless of the base LOGIC stat?
    YES, oh my gawd he learned how to read.

9. Default

Thanks bob and yes.

So Joseph, is what you are saying is that Krakiipedia is wrong. There is no "experience based on the base stat of LOG" as dictated on the very site you refered to as your answer. In fact, the site you referenced in the frist post was indeed wrong and base LOG is NOT a factor in the BASE stat of EXP absorbtion. Everyone has a base stat of 25 no matter what their base LOG is.

Quote Originally Posted by Muktare View Post
    in the BASE stat of EXP absorbtion.
    My Gs is broke...

I don't have an exp stat.