Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EXP absorbtion formula from base logic

Quote Originally Posted by Muktare View Post
    Thanks bob and yes.

So Joseph, is what you are saying is that Krakiipedia is wrong. There is no "experience based on the base stat of LOG" as dictated on the very site you refered to as your answer. In fact, the site you referenced in the frist post was indeed wrong and base LOG is NOT a factor in the BASE stat of EXP absorbtion. Everyone has a base stat of 25 no matter what their base LOG is.
    NO, what I am saying is that Krakiipedia is indeed correct, it has an OLD post and an UPDATE to that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    NO, what I am saying is that Krakiipedia is indeed correct, it has an OLD post and an UPDATE to that post.
    Eye's bumped you to bubbles ~ Plural.

I think the confusion comes with these two entires:

ORIGINAL:
    Base rate - a number dictated by one's LOG stat
    Pool size - for every 200 unabsorbed exp in one's pool, one absorbs an extra experience point per pulse
    Group - if you are a member of a group, you get one extra experience point per pulse
    -and-

UPDATE:
    Logic Bonus Changes -- The benefit of Logic bonus on experience absorption has been changed from a multiplier of the base amount to an addition to the base amount. When on a node or in town, you will absorb an extra (Logic Bonus/5) experience every pulse. When in a hunting area, you will absorb an extra (Logic Bonus/7) per pulse. For most players this will result in a small improvement while on a node and no significant change when in a hunting area.
    ....and the two definitions of the word "bonus." We have

1) Bonus as in a number derived from the LOG stat, 25 here --> [LOG: 100 (25)]
    and
    2) Bonus as in the pure definition of the word...an addition or modifier in an equation.

The "benefit of Logic bonus" spoken of in the update actually refers to the "Base rate - As dictated by one's logic stat." Think of it as a bonus from the stat, not the stat's bonus. You're talking about the same thing, its just semantics getting in the way.
    Calling you names is fun, because your skin is so thin and your vagina so sandy.

Check out my Solhaven Shop!
    https://ps.lichproject.org/shops/3818
    Fusion Orbs, Flaring 100-arrow Bundles, ICE age stuff, 50-count Gem Jars and more!

--------

d100(Open): 261
    You forage briefly and manage to find some acantha leaf!

25 is the base rate for a node in town but not a supernode.
    27 is the base rate for a supernode.
    23 is the base rate for in town but not on a node.
    16 is the base rate for outside of town.

I just tested them all using a fresh and clear character (close to belled so no pool bonus) with empty hands, no injuries, and subtracting the appropriate number from my LOG bonus (bonus / 5 inside town and bonus / 7 outside town)
    Still the thug that you love to hate

5. Default

Good stuff. Hey doctor, what was your guys stats? Just curious.

Elcid - Good point as they could have been using bonus in a defferent way, but then they made it even more confusing by saying the word EXTRA. They said the bonus of experience will be in addidtion to instead of multiplied and then said you will absorb EXTRA which would mean they weren't talking about base exp lol. However, if it seems everyone is getting a base of 25 at a node no matter what their stat is then we know LOG plays no role is base EXP absorbtion.

Logic Bonus Changes -- The benefit of Logic bonus on experience absorption has been changed from a multiplier of the base amount to an addition to the base amount. When on a node or in town, you will absorb an extra (Logic Bonus/5) experience every pulse. When in a hunting area, you will absorb an extra (Logic Bonus/7) per pulse. For most players this will result in a small improvement while on a node and no significant change when in a hunting area.

91 LOG stat with a bonus of +25
    Still the thug that you love to hate

I think the above numbers are wrong and that these are the proper numbers...

25 is the base rate for a node in town but not a supernode.
    27 is the base rate for a supernode.
    22 is the base rate for in town but not on a node.
    19 is the base rate for outside of town.

Posted the above info first for TLDR purposes.

I've noticed some crazy results happening, the worst of which is out in the field when your pool is almost empty.

I also got different results when doing my testing as a result of trying to clarify some wording on the wiki. I accounted for logic bonus (set my logic to 0 on the test character and the numbers were the same for a character with a logic bonus of 19) and all other known variables.

CRAZINESS 1

Started at clear as a bell. Killed a creature that got me 40 XP. Absorbed 20, then 16, then 3, then 1. This was while out in the field with empty hands.

CRAZINESS 2

While sitting at a table...

You absorb 27 experience points.
    >
    You absorb 26 experience points.
    >
    You absorb 27 experience points.

I feel the testing for this is better done at a fried state because the above numbers were always the same no matter the situation.