Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question for you military types...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Orbstar View Post
    LoL at the guy that gave neg rep and called me a "pussy" for not "sacking up" and striving to "win" a silver star. I have seen more death than you have seen men going into your mothers bedroom at night, I am sure.

Heroism is not something you "try to do" or "win an award for". When it happens, you will do what you have to do to kill them and keep you and your friends alive. Save the posturing for your fantasy life in video games; wanna be heroes get people killed. Professional soldiers just do their jobs (like the original poster's father)

I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

LoL at the guy that gave neg rep and called me a "pussy" for not "sacking up" and striving to "win" a silver star. I have seen more death than you have seen men going into your mothers bedroom at night, I am sure.

Heroism is not something you "try to do" or "win an award for". When it happens, you will do what you have to do to kill them and keep you and your friends alive. Save the posturing for your fantasy life in video games; wanna be heroes get people killed. Professional soldiers just do their jobs (like the original poster's father)
    I tend to use relatives that have served in combat as a rule of thumb. They don't talk about the death they caused, the bodies they have seen, or the horror of what they witnessed as candidly as you do.

I also tend to use people like you as a rule of thumb as well .... those that chat up their service and "war time" experience tend to be full of shit and an embarrassment to the uniform .... if they ever wore one.

Good point, inaccurate in this case, however. Cun_.

Looking back at what I wrote...i can see it does look self-serving. wasnt my intent. /bash myself

I take back the "cunt" comment (mostly), so I will just leave part of the word.

Strayrogue, nope. Just doing a job.
    Last edited by Lord Orbstar; 09-12-2009 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Anticor is right

Wow you're a true war hero.
    Xcalibur - The fool that enter a fool's game is fooler.
    PB - 9000 is 95% of 18000

Stray, when you give neg rep..spell it right. "Moron" is correct. "Moran" is something other than correct.

I sign my neg rep, sorry.
    Xcalibur - The fool that enter a fool's game is fooler.
    PB - 9000 is 95% of 18000

Blog Entries

Stray, when you give neg rep..spell it right. "Moron" is correct. "Moran" is something other than correct.
    I've been getting a lot of neg rep from a guy that spells it the same way.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    I tend to use relatives that have served in combat as a rule of thumb. They don't talk about the death they caused, the bodies they have seen, or the horror of what they witnessed as candidly as you do.
    Thats not always true. I know a lot of people that are loud and boastful about their kills and the shit they've seen. Me, I have to be drunk first.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam