Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vogue model Liskula Cohen wins right to unmask offensive blogger

Default Vogue model Liskula Cohen wins right to unmask offensive blogger

A Vogue cover girl has won a precedent-setting court battle to unmask an anonymous blogger who called her a “skank” on the internet.

In a case with potentially far-reaching repercussions, Liskula Cohen sought the identity of the blogger who maligned her on the Skanks in NYC blog so that she could sue him or her for defamation.

A Manhattan supreme court judge ruled that she was entitled to the information and ordered Google, which ran the offending blog, to turn it over.

Ms Cohen, a tall, Canadian blonde who has modelled for Giorgio Armani and Versace, went to court after reading the wounding anonymous comments on Google’s Blogger.com.

“I would have to say the first-place award for ‘Skankiest in NYC’ would have to go to Liskula Gentile Cohen,” the blogger “Anonymous” wrote in one posting. The blog, since removed, ridiculed the former Australian Vogue covergirl as a “40-something” who “may have been hot 10 years ago”, when she was actually 36.

Justice Joan Madden rejected the blogger’s claim that the blogs “serve as a modern-day forum for conveying personal opinions, including invective and ranting”, and should not be treated as factual assertions.

The model was looking forward last night to discovering the identity of the alleged acquaintance who insulted her. “Everybody is waiting to see who this coward is,” Steven Wagner, her lawyer, said.

Andrew Pederson, a Google spokesman, said: “We sympathise with anyone who may be the victim of cyberbullying. We also take great care to respect privacy concerns and will only provide information about a user in response to a subpoena or other court order.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6801213.ece

This sets an interesting precedence for blogging and forum participation to say the least.

I suppose I would have to ask the question, was the comment made as an initial blog post or a followup comment? How accurate is the 'anonomyous' data if the user data is subjective to what the user inputs. How easy would it be to ficticiously represent someone else and then proceed to libel others with offensive posts?

Cyberbullies and E-Thugz being sued for libel over posts on a forum or blog.

Scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

people will eventually learn to stop putting their name in the box.

3. Default

Just wait until you need to give a blood sample to access the internet.

Nothing stays free forever. Some fucktard always has to fuck it up.

Good. You're responsible for what you say, and the internet is too easily anonymous. Let there be consequences.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

I want to be a judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    This sets an interesting precedence for blogging and forum participation to say the least.

I suppose I would have to ask the question, was the comment made as an initial blog post or a followup comment? How accurate is the 'anonomyous' data if the user data is subjective to what the user inputs. How easy would it be to ficticiously represent someone else and then proceed to libel others with offensive posts?

Cyberbullies and E-Thugz being sued for libel over posts on a forum or blog.

Scary.
    What are you trying to tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    What are you trying to tell us?
    Exactly what you just quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    If you can't handle some offensive content on a real time message board, then don't read them.
    Tough times never last but tough people do. -Robert H Schuller.

1.) Sue Tisket for cyber-bullying, thereby learning her TRUE identity
    2.) Stalk her and record sex tape
    3.) Profit!!!!!

Hopefully the person that wrote it sues her lawyer for calling him a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.