Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 now $299

Default PS3 now $299

Yep that is right. $100 price drop effective immediately. The 80 gb is now $299 and a new slimmer 120 gb will be out September 1st for $299. Awesome. I was just about to buy one last week and held off. Great timing me!

http://www.dailygame.net/news/archives/008917.php

Confirmed at www.bestbuy.com
    Last edited by Jahira; 08-18-2009 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    * I wonder if gold4cash.com takes internet gold? If so this kid is going to get us fucking paid. *

2. Default

Was just reading that myself. Is the price on the 80GB slim going to drop even more when the other one comes out?

Blog Entries

Oooh, should be good time to buy one now.

I think I am just going to get the tried and true 80gb one. Don't want to buy a 120 slim and find out that some part of it is wrong or flawed. The extra space and design don't do anything for me
    Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    * I wonder if gold4cash.com takes internet gold? If so this kid is going to get us fucking paid. *

I'd like to nab one of the new slim ones, but I honestly can't think of many games that are on PS3 that I can't play on my X360. All that comes to mind is Jak & Daxter (never been a huge fan), and Drake's Fortune.

Though I suppose I could just use it as a cheap BluRay player. How much are BluRay burners and blank media these days?

PS3 has a lot of really nice downloadable games. Of course I'm not paying $300 to play those..

Wow, I guess the press conference changed their mind. Just last month, they weren't budging on a price drop, which consumers have explained, is the main reason of not picking on up. PS3 is in dead last on the console wars, though, I would say you can't say much on those numbers, as the Wii is leading. If you look at it by sales volume.
    Last edited by The Ponzzz; 08-19-2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: I fucking love run on sentences. I'm addicted to them like crack cocaine.
    ~ Mario

"A chi dai il dito si prende anche il braccio."

8. Default

They've been planning the price cut for awhile now.

Hmm, just read it in a magazine that they weren't. Like, last month.

Perhaps I read it wrong, but I could have sworn there was a big press conference.
    Last edited by The Ponzzz; 08-19-2009 at 01:15 AM.
    ~ Mario

"A chi dai il dito si prende anche il braccio."

10. Default

Of course they have been denying it. Just like they've been denying the ps3 slim forever now. Imagine how much money they would lose if they admitted that a new, smaller version was coming out and it was going to be cheaper. People on the line about buying a ps3 would hold off.