Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrism gem values

Default Chrism gem values

I've asked this question in a couple different places and I feel like I can't get a straight answer.

Is there any need for a gem to be over 3000 silvers in value for a maximum-level chrism? Does it degrade the benefits of the chrism or is it just a yes-or-no thing (if it's less than 3k, it can't be used at all, if it's >= 3k, it works just as well no matter the value)?

Looking to collect some orb gems to have blessed, but I'm not sure which ones I can keep and which should be sold off.

From KP:

Requirements

To create a Chrism gem, a cleric must have:

* An orb gem with a value > 3000 silver
    * 25 + X mana: 25 for the spell, X being a variable cost (presumably based on value and lore)
    * Spiritual Lore, Blessings: 10 ranks (50 skill)
    * Spiritual Lore, Summoning: 15 ranks (70 skill)
    * Spiritual Lore, Religion: 25 ranks (105 skill)

Chrism gems can only be used by clerics, but may be used by any cleric once created.

It appears to be a yes or no thing.
    Last edited by Danical; 08-13-2009 at 01:32 AM.
    No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it provides, it can never take the place of volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by Danical View Post
    From KP:

Requirements

To create a Chrism gem, a cleric must have:

* An orb gem with a value > 3000 silver
    * 25 + X mana: 25 for the spell, X being a variable cost (presumably based on value and lore)
    * Spiritual Lore, Blessings: 10 ranks (50 skill)
    * Spiritual Lore, Summoning: 15 ranks (70 skill)
    * Spiritual Lore, Religion: 25 ranks (105 skill)

Chrism gems can only be used by clerics, but may be used by any cleric once created.

It appears to be a yes or no thing.
    Yah, I checked that, and am inclined to just go along with it, but I've heard clerics talking on multiple occasions about gem values being relevant beyond the 3k thing.

Just never with any kind of specificity

Not for chrisms. Or at least, not that I've ever heard/seen.

Said Clerics who disagree are probably just wrong.
    No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it provides, it can never take the place of volunteers.

Krakiipedia says 5k... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachos DLC View Post
    Blame Kranar!

Protect Net Neutrality!
    https://www.dearfcc.org

From my understanding, a 3k gem is the minimum for making a chrism, and then the higher lore training and gem value the higher quality or a raise you will get, faster recovery, fuller mind.... and all that jazz.

Whatever the base gem value is, I just cast at them to see if they are good, not appraise the, but from what I have understood it is the gem value and the lore training that combine to give you the best chrism.

Directly from the officials:

First, when used as a pre-resurrection ritual, the gem must be waved over the body of the corpse by a Cleric. This will allow the corpse to mitigate some of the statistic recovery weakness (10% reduction) and a portion of the temporary Constitution loss (-1 reduction to Con) upon resurrection. The value of the gem can provide a bonus to further the reduction in both of these areas. In addition, the corpse will be able to retain a portion of its recently-earned experience, which would normally be lost upon returning to life. The base amount of experience retained is 50%, and is increasable by training in Spiritual Lore, Blessings at the rate of a seed 1 summation * 5, to a maximum of 100%. The lore benefit requires additional training past the initial 10 ranks which enables the Cleric to create Chrism gems.

so gem value helps the CON loss and recovery but does nothing for exp retention.

I am glad the officials are saying the same thing as me, but that probably just means that I am wrong when you consider how accurate those are....