Thread: Mechanical Birds

Default Mechanical Birds

Yea...I don't know why I like these silly little things, but I do. I'm referring to the birds (usually with some sort of metal in their description) that can be worn anywhere on the body and will sing and respond to various verbs.

I did see a couple on player shops, but I consider those to be well overpriced in most cases (which is evidenced by the fact that the remaining ones have been up for quite a while). So if you have one of these things hanging around in your inventory/locker and want it to have a good home, please send me a PM or respond in this thread and hopefully we can work out a price.

I've got one of the razern shrikes in one of my lockers.

a beady-eyed dark razern shrike

>turn shrike
    You slowly wind the dark razern shrike's crank, feeling the spring tighten and the clicking of tiny gears as the shrike's beak opens and closes.

>turn shrike
    You have already wound your dark razern shrike. Turning it further might damage it.

>push shrike
    You push back the latch holding the crank in place on your dark razern shrike and the mechanical sound of clicking gears can be heard. Suddenly, the shrike seems to come to life as it flaps its wings in rhythmic motion and begins to sing a hauntingly beautiful melody.

>tap shrike
    You idly tap the beak of your dark razern shrike. The dark razern shrike shuffles uncomfortably, as if just awakened. It leans from foot to foot a moment before arching its neck and letting forth a beautiful trill.

>rub shrike
    You gently stroke the back of your dark razern shrike. The creature coos softly and stretches out its wings under your caress.

>pull shrike
    You foolishly pull on the beak of your dark razern shrike. In response, it lets out an earshattering screech that causes you to flinch, fortunately allowing you to avoid its sharp beak trying to snap at you.

---------------------------------------------------

A high pitched trill fills the air as your dark razern shrike flexes its wings elegantly and brings its melodic tune to a beautiful crescendo.

Your dark razern shrike begins rocking back and forth on its perch as it trills out a jaunty, fast paced tune. Its jerky movements almost seem to resemble some sort of avian jig!

You smile softly as a gentle lull in the tune brings your dark razern shrike's song from a fevered pitch to a calm, soothing melody.

A mournful dirge pours out from within your dark razern shrike. Its lament for the end of the song is readily apparent.

Your dark razern shrike winds down as it reaches the end of its power. Its song fades and slows until the last note is sung and the shrike's wings fall motionless against its sides.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Dintarl; 06-18-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Looks like it'd be a good addition to my collection, if you're willing to sell, Dintarl. I sent you a PM.

Bump