Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW Farming

Default WOW Farming

Do you farm in World of Warcraft? And if so how do you do it?

(If you know of links of this discussion elsewhere, feel free to link to them)

You can be specific, or not so specific.

There are the obvious things like doing the dailies. Cooking, especially if done with multiple toons, can possibly bring several hundred gold a day for a half hours work, assuming you have stocked up on the meats and whatnot.

Which other dailies are some of the more profitable ones? Does anyone actually do the max 25 dailies every day?

As far as farming creatures, which ones do you prefer, and how do you go about doing it?

Obviously AOE farming is the fastest. Do you do it successfully as a mage or other caster?

ATM, I am using an 80 DK with a tank spec, basically using Blood boil to aggro mobs until I have a good sized group of 20-30, then use Hungering cold, then continue with blood boil and Howling Blast. Sometimes DnD.

What gathering skills do you tend to use more often and what kind of gains do you see from it?

I tend to go for skinning and mining since they are the easiest and quickest to level up. Herbs always got real boring, but does anyone swear by them cause they make a ton or something?

Someone told me a paladin tank build would be one of the better choices.

Is unholy blight a better way to pull mobs? Or is there another better way as a DK.

And if you are out just killing non-instance easy mobs, do you gear down to save on repair costs? How far down do you gear yourself?
    Last edited by AestheticDeath; 06-08-2009 at 01:07 AM.

In my own little world where everybody knows me.

Why do you keep making these threads?
    Whenever anyone gives you any kind of advice you ignore it and go on to explain why you are just going to carry on with your own stupid retarded ways anyway.
    If you want to make money, just do 25 dailies a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nieninque View Post
    Why do you keep making these threads?
    Whenever anyone gives you any kind of advice you ignore it and go on to explain why you are just going to carry on with your own stupid retarded ways anyway.
    If you want to make money, just do 25 dailies a day.
    QFT!

AD -- you're fucking daft.

Thanks guys!

Unholy is probably the better farming/AOE spec.

But yeah, do the dailies. Thats how I make gold.

Levelling a character is pretty lucrative once you hit Outland too.
    Xcalibur - The fool that enter a fool's game is fooler.
    PB - 9000 is 95% of 18000

7. Default

I don't know how the WoW market is these days but when I was playing earlier this year I was making over 100g an hour just by farming and selling essences of fire.

Blog Entries

Level alts. I have 4 characters at 80, 3 epic flyers, one regular, and still have over 11k gold.

Now I just redid my unholy spec a lil, and my frost spec. So far my frost spec is far superior to unholy insofar as downtime, and ease of use. Not that there is real downtime to either one. But with frost they go down quicker, and I have more health left over, and I can tank a much larger group when I am farming, which means more kills per hour.

Course maybe I am doing something wrong I dunno.

I also farm the fire in wintergrasp, but mostly so I can forge my titansteel bars. Also go for the earth and shadow, but I wind up with enough earth from mining usually, and shadow from doing the kill 10 allies after the WG fight. The fire does sell well though if I get a lot of extra.

I can make more farming animals though. I think I made 40g on average per hour just selling the greys. Almost always have 5-6 greens I send to my disenchanter. And I have about a dozen stacks of meat. Which should be worth 25g or so, but almost always get sold for 50% of that. That is still like 200g + an hour. Not counting skins since I don't have skinning on the guy I am using atm. But as soon as my new guy gets the skinning going I will be making a load of gold if the shit sells.

Funny thing happened today to, I was farming on a PvE server, and an Alli 8 lvls under me was following me skinning everything. We couldn't talk obviously but like 2 hours after I had logged, I got back in and had an email from someone who said their guild leader on alliance side was very happy with all the skins I let her take, and they sent me 150g.

Now that won't happen all the time, BUT if she could send me 150g on what she made through those skins, I am sure I could double it by skinning myself.

And I am leveling another DK up right now, he is 67 atm and makes decent gold, but I spend it like my life depended on it. I had JC to 420 the day he got to 65, I had mining and first aid both at 375 already getting grand master that day. I've spent over 3000 gold on this DK already, mostly on lvling mining and JC. Especially JC. (Same situation I had with my mage on the other server, he had everything in skills maxed before he shoulda really. And I keep leveling skills I want instead of gathering professions. Makes it a lot more expensive with no real income. Mage was 450 enchanting before he ever got to 65, and when I hit 65 with him the other day I went ahead and worked on my tailoring some more, and spent the rest of my gold getting from 375 to 405 in tailoring. Took a TON of frostweave. And now all my recipes are green to get to 410? WTF? I couldn't find one that would be yellow/orange.)

So far I haven't had time to sell jack shit on the AH, and the few items I have listed didn't sell cause the server is soo big there is just too much competition. If the person doesn't already have it, he can usually get it cheaper or easier from guildies or something.

THANKS GUYS!
    Last edited by AestheticDeath; 06-08-2009 at 01:06 AM.