Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: History of the PC

Blog Entries

Default History of the PC

I was trying to think back to my earliest recollections of the PC, and am honestly drawing a blank. When was the PC started? Was Kranar always the main man in charge? I know we've gone through several iterations of the board, and this website has outlasted its competition. I remember WAY back when there was another fan message board, but I think that went defunct going on what? 7 years?

I got thinking about this stuff because of another board talking about its past. Here were some of the questions asked:

1. What brought you to the PC, and why do you stay?

2. For the old timers, the same questions but further. How has the site changed since you first came here? What role have you played in making the site what it is?

3. Any fond memories? Favored threads?

4. Who do you remember being incredibly active that is now gone?
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I SERIOUSLY miss my old ff avatar .... FUCKING CONVERSION TO THESE FORUMS!!!

Blog Entries

Like I said, it is all a bit hazy for me...

1. I don't rightly remember what it was that brought me to the "unofficial boards". I originally posted as Dighn, and I know this board has been rebuilt 2 times or so. Probably more since then. I stay because of my interest in the game, and because of the very odd sense of community there is around here, even if I am not a big part of it.

2. Doesn't apply. Never was a mod, nowhere near being a founding member.

3. A lot of funny argument threads. That thread on meltowns has a few classics in it.

4. Harmnone. She has been gone a long time now. Klaive's crazy ass. Who knows where that lunatic ended up. Some others from the Stoner's Realms who were originally here I guess, but that was years ago.

Blog Entries

Kranar's joindate is 1-19-2006, so this version of the boards can't be any older than that. As I said, I think we crashed 2? times before that. Beyond that, I honestly don't recall. I would try to piece together a timeline but I am horrible about these things.

1. What brought you to the PC, and why do you stay?

I really dunno, all my friends posted here so I figured I'd give it a shot.

2. For the old timers, the same questions but further. How has the site changed since you first came here? What role have you played in making the site what it is?

Not old enough. My only shaping has probably come in the form of being snarky and cruel at times to unsuspecting people. Ahhh.

3. Any fond memories? Favored threads?
    Probably too many to list. Melt-down, "Good bye cruel PC" type threads were always good. Even though it's recent, Ratolin threatening to kill all of us. Oh and I can't forget Draggonns and The Society Of The Dragons.

4. Who do you remember being incredibly active that is now gone?

HarmNone and Ilvane. Ilvane is still around but never posts. Not that I'm complaining.
    Last edited by Mighty Nikkisaurus; 05-30-2009 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

Blog Entries

So much for the Kranar theory.

Harmnone's Join date - Join Date: 04-24-2003

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    So much for the Kranar theory.

Harmnone's Join date - Join Date: 04-24-2003
    When we moved over to this board I was the fourth person to register for the new boards if I remember right and and my join date is Join Date: 01-15-2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Blog Entries

Yep. You're one of the old Fogeys, Anticor. You weren't new to the boards at that point, were you? When did you FIRST come to the PC, or whatever it was known as back then? Who do you remember that was an old hand when you were first joining?

Caels was here before Kranar. It was also a different board, with possibly a different URL(?). I came here at the behest of Vic/Chica to laugh at the awesome Gracy thread that had appeared.
    Xcalibur - The fool that enter a fool's game is fooler.
    PB - 9000 is 95% of 18000

Blog Entries

I remember three popular (or infamous) unofficial boards, but I am blanking on the third. There was Stoner's Realm, *insert old and defunct message board here*, and Player's corner. Either the PC stemmed from that old board I am thinking of, or it was formed incidentally.

Edited to add: Is this it? http://www.tamcon.com/GS3/ I did a search for Unofficial Gemstone Forums and that is what popped up. I remember all those web rings from back in the day too. I can't poke around too much as I am at work.

Code:
    The GemStone III Web BBS Page

At long last I have decided to discontinue this BBS system. With the opening of GemStone III on the World Wide Web, the primary reason for this BBS's existance, to consolidate discussion on GSIII-related topics, is no more. If there is continues great interest, I will consider re-opening something similar in the future, but for now it shall be gone. Thank you for your support. 
    Tim 
    Felias Catskin
    Mordring Ungeheuerjäger 

Return to the GemStone III home page 
    If you have problems, comments, questions, or complaints you can send mail to Tim Melton (tam@tamcon.com). Last modified 11 August 1997.
    Last edited by Fallen; 05-30-2009 at 08:35 AM.