Thread: Fallout 3 Mod Help

Blog Entries

Default Fallout 3 Mod Help

I'm trying to install some mods for Fallout 3 on my new PC. The whole practice escapes me. I read a faq someone posted on the message boards, but I think me trying to operate vista at the same time as I learn how to properly install these mods is causing me no end of headaches. Is anyone here a modding veteran and care to speak to me like I was a five year old so I can start enjoying these things properly?

Right now, I am looking to make sure Robco Certified works. I have the .esp in the data file folder, so it shows up when I click on the data option when you go to start the game. Then I went into the meshes folder, creatures subfolder, and copied out all of those files and put them into the existing file folders with the same name. I ...think that is how you're supposed to do it.

Another mod I would like to use is the GNR radio update where you get a bazillion new songs. If someone would walk me through what the heck I am supposed to do to ensure that mod works I would be greatful. I imagine after I get a few up and running I should be familiar with the process.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Go to the No Mutants Allowed forums. Somebody there will be able to help if you ask. They're like the Fallout version of us... with hate and knowledge alike.
    Last edited by Warriorbird; 05-06-2009 at 05:12 AM.

...And they've been playing an antiquated game (fallout/fallout2) for years waiting for something to happen...

Oh yeah. I didn't say they weren't a bit loco. I just imagine that they're about the best place out there for Fallout mod advice (even if a lot of them hate 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    Oh yeah. I didn't say they weren't a bit loco. I just imagine that they're about the best place out there for Fallout mod advice (even if a lot of them hate 3).
    I was just furthering your comparison of them to us =).

Yep!