Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In God We Trust

1. Default In God We Trust

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

Frankly I'm not the most religious person in the world, but I do not believe this hurts anything. Much like the Pledge of Allegiance being stripped from schools, it's just another way to strip any national pride or patriotism in my mind.

Fucking liberals.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Surreal Thursday continues...

Do you always get bent on stupid polls?

You don’t give a fuck but you really give a fuck?

Are you really that threatened by “liberals”?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    You want people to be patriotic? Actually teach civics, which isn't a part of most schools' mandatory classes. Teach kids about their role as citizens in a democracy, how it relates to American history--and people will more proud of who they are.
    Agreed.

...all others I pay cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Are you really that threatened by “liberals”?
    I think he's more annoyed by their extreme gayness and vaginaism than threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana
    But did you, as a child, "feel anything" went you were forced by your school to drone the Pledge of Allegiance?
    Actually the schools couldn't force you to recite the Pledge, which I remember finding out in 3rd 4th grade or so.

We did it anyway, because we actually like our country.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-23-2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Actually teach civics, which isn't a part of most schools' mandatory classes. Teach kids about their role as citizens in a democracy, how it relates to American history--and people will more proud of who they are.
    At any rate, "In God We Trust" should absolutely be removed from government documents.
    I can agree with both of those statements.
    "I mean th, th, ehh, ...If you think about..., if, if ya, if you think about it, uh, um..., you know, UPS and FedEx are doin' just fine. Right? The uh..., No, they are. It's, it's the Post Office that's always havin' problems." -President Obama

This message is hidden because Keller is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because Tsa`ah is on your ignore list.

Just be glad you didn't go to a Catholic school where you had to recite the Pledge, Our Father, and Hail Mary every day. At the beginning and end of the day. And forced to go to church EVERY day. Oh, and the four hours of religion class ROCKED.

Honestly though, I think the Pledge is something everyone should know. Everyone also has the right to not recite it. It's really an argument no one can win. I think about it as a actions vs. words scenario. Just speaking some speech will never match acting as a good human being.
    "If you can build it, we can build an arbitrarily larger version of it just to spite you. One-upsmanship is the core of our national character."

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I think he's more annoyed by their extreme gayness and vaginaism than threatened.
    Part of the point.

Anyway, the Fed is a privately owned entity and will print whatever they God damn want on their money. No point in getting upset at some other entity over it.

What? This deserves to be a Wordle.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    I ask people to join me in prayer that chillmonster STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Congratulations, you've reached Ilvane level bias...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    Clove, the crusher of dreams.
    π

Quote Originally Posted by LMingrone View Post
    Just be glad you didn't go to a Catholic school where you had to recite the Pledge, Our Father, and Hail Mary every day. At the beginning and end of the day. And forced to go to church EVERY day. Oh, and the four hours of religion class ROCKED.
    Some of us did.

Of course, I was hell bent on getting out of there, so I graduated at 16 to save myself two more years of torture.