Page 24 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Random (official) GM posts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zhelas
    Too-long-didn't-read version: No, no one is assigned to sorcery. We don't work that way.

Naos
    In other words, "Shut the fuck up, we have a whole team of people who don't give a shit about you."
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    In other words, "Shut the fuck up, we have a whole team of people who don't give a shit about you."

It'll be ok man
    Last edited by ZeP; 02-17-2010 at 02:36 AM.

Blog Entries

In response to discussion of spell slots 745 and 750.

Quote Originally Posted by Naos
    This is a pretty neat idea for a spell.

As an aside, we don't plan on implementing level 45 spells (so no 745 on the horizon, or elsewhere.)

--
    Naos

I'm immune to fire!

Has anyone ever asked if moonstone cubes help with Warcries? I'm assuming not since it's a hidden roll, but it's worth a shot.
    Last edited by Stunseed; 03-28-2010 at 04:02 PM.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

5. Default

Only intensity is specifically noted to be capped at level.
    Every +AS/DS/CS/TD modifier in the game that provides a bonus based upon spell ranks caps at level.

GameMaster Estild
    Cleric/Empath Team

Blog Entries

I wonder if implosion and boil earth's killing power caps at level, or keep going like spike thorn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVANCODE
    For some reason when the spell 213 is cast to rest in an area, it kills the spawn rate.For example, if there are 8 people in one "area" and 5 of them stop to sit inside a sanctuary (213). The "area" now thinks there are 3 people there, instead of 8.(I'm assuming this bit, but if not, there is a different bug that is causing creatures to not spawn when there are 8 characters crammed into one area.)Please fix this, I hate having all the creatures disappear just because part of the group needs to rest. It's so bad that I can walk around for 5-10 minutes and a not a single creature will spawn.
    This is working as intended. Creatures cannot spawn in sanctuaries, so players in a sanctuary are excluded from the formula to determine if additional creatures are needed in an area. This should not affect individuals if they're continuing to hunt outside the sanctuary since it will still count and spawn creatures due to their presence.

GameMaster Estild
    Cleric/Empath Team

Blog Entries

This one was funny.

So this is the fourth merchant whom I've tried to have talked into making me a "glowing white leather alchemy bag" after I provided glowing white dye, made using glowing dye additive. After the first wouldn't touch it, I even dyed the bag myself! It's currently a glowing white cloth bag. -Fleurs

Quote Originally Posted by Mestys
    The policy regarding alterations using glowing dye created through alchemy has been clarified with the GM crew. The intent of the glowing additives is to dye items a glowing color. Future alterations requested when a glowing dye is provided should only be declined if the merchant has an in-character reason for doing so.

Note that this does not change the policy on what can or cannot be dyed, as certain materials will not hold a dye.

-M.

Blog Entries

Find the standards/limits whatever they are
    Add them to the ALTER verb for reference.
    Communicate those limits to the GMs so we don't have problems like this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchand
    We know what the limits are, because we have the tools to see when something is at its maximum capacity. So do you, in a more in-character and limited fashion, through use of the ANALYZE verb:

>analyze container
    You can tell that the container is as light as it can get and that its pockets could not possibly get any deeper.

These numbers aren't fictional, by the way. They're a pretty intelligent system that cross-references weight and capacity. Being a system based on math and not magic, it is very consistent, as you found when you requested to have this item changed from one slot to another. Differently worn items have different maximums in the system.

On a side note, one player recently posted that they wanted an item fluffing service that made their items heavier and thus increased their future deepening capacity. I'm strongly considering running a service like this in the near future.

Auchand

Said the road to the frog.
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-23-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunseed View Post
    Has anyone ever asked if moonstone cubes help with Warcries? I'm assuming not since it's a hidden roll, but it's worth a shot.
    Bump.

Also, what factors are involved in the Max stats of +40 ( or 50, can't remember ) ?

For instance, you have a racial HP limit. For a warrior, you have cman toughness which adds HP and then enhansives and CON bonus.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."