Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1275

Thread: Random (official) GM posts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Reducing max pick RT from 20 to 5 and capping disarm RT at either 5 or 10 seconds would probably fix most if not all issues with people hardly using player locksmiths.

Nobody wants to sit there for 10 minutes just to get 3k and a clear tourmaline.
    I really only said some traps because of lock mastery.

20 to 5 is a little too much in my opinion, 10 is probably more in the range before adding in mastery. Obviously spring traps and the likes need to be cut way back.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

What was his name?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I really only said some traps because of lock mastery.

20 to 5 is a little too much in my opinion, 10 is probably more in the range before adding in mastery. Obviously spring traps and the likes need to be cut way back.
    I don't see how 5 is too much. If you're skilled enough you'll get 0 RT anyway.

Disarm RT is the bigger problem, but picking RT needs to be addressed too. If someone's picking for exp they want to use the shittiest lockpick they can get away with, i.e. one that gives 20 second RT. Nobody wants to wait through all that, especially if they have a ton of boxes. Piercing Gaze can kind of be a workaround, but not really since you still won't see trap difficulty and it's probably a lot of mana for a rogue to keep up. That's mostly why people just use the NPC smith.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-03-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

I don't see how 5 is too much. If you're skilled enough you'll get 0 RT anyway.
    Precisely, otherwise you will be rewarded with nothing as you progress through lock mastery. I mean getting the bastards to fix one system is hard enough, let alone a guild system.

Me, I would just burn down the NPC locksmiths and put that blasphemy to an end, then fix smithing.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 03-03-2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: fuck you is why

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Agreed. Further, I think they should have multiple locks and traps on a single box, and make those secret and have like 1% of be undetectable no matter the skill level.
    I was thinking a plague trap would be pretty cool, where nothing noticeable happens when it's first sprung giving time for it to be spread....red rot trap or something.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    It's a good idea. Estild will nerf and Wyrom will trash it as it doesn't pertain to gambling and/or money.
    Wrong sir, the cure is sold for 500 simucoins per 5 doses. Waaaaaay ahead on this one.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

I haven't picked up a box in years. Just not worth the hassle due to npc costs or time investment with a pc smith.

I thinks I might be unrolling as a rogue now.

The problem is more with the availability of smiths. Yeah getting your boxes picked used to take a long time but at least it could be done. On top of that you need to tip and the smiths keep the scarabs so basically the NPC locksmith costs you the same amount and 1000x faster. Even if they make PC locksmithing faster I probably still won't do it because it's still more time than the NPC locksmith for the same amount of gain. This is strictly a mechanical view, there definitely is some interaction value to doing locksmithing but it's outweighed by the general hardness of finding one and the time sink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

I give smiths 50% of my looted silvers from the boxes, and they keep the scarabs.
    NPC locksmith takes 130% of my silvers and keeps the scarabs.

I actually paid out the ass for a trap check vambrace, so I check all my boxes and bash em. Some go to the thief-smith, but my profit margins are up considerably for doing my own...But I still can't keep the scarabs.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."