Page 122 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1275

Thread: Random (official) GM posts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Estild

And we know (or think we know) that earth nodes are +40 to an enchant attempt, public workshops (guilds / houses) are +100. I wonder just how good the private workshop will be.
    Private workshops are twice as effective as public workshops, but only the owner of that workshop receives any bonus from it. Your number for guild/house works is incorrect.

Which brings me back to my other question then - do bonuses stack or are, as the wiki is worded, does only one or the other apply.

They do not stack.

GameMaster Estild
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Estild

Are you saying that the +100 wizard guild workshop bonus is incorrect?
    While I didn’t test ‘public workshops’, this is the value I was able to confirm for the wizard guild workshop on multiple tests well.
    I assume you’re both comparing the difference from a non-node to a guild workshop. If you compare the number to a node vs. a guild workshop, you should be able to get the determine the actual number. This is really getting into semantics, but being on a node doesn’t provide a bonus, instead it actually prevents a penalty (for not being on a node). Not a huge issue, but if you do incorporate the non-penalty into the guild workshop bonus, it also needs to be incorporated into the public and private workshop bonuses. But when I said the private workshop bonus is twice as effective as the public workshop bonus, I was not including the negation of the non-node penalty.
    So the likely numbers are likely as PeregrineFalcon suggested in a subsequent post:

Not on a node: -40
    Earthnode: 0
    Public Workshop: 40
    Wizard Guild Workshop: 60
    Private Workshop: 80

Familiar present: +20
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    So the likely numbers are likely as PeregrineFalcon suggested in a subsequent post:

Not on a node: -40
    Earthnode: 0
    Public Workshop: 40
    Wizard Guild Workshop: 60
    Private Workshop: 80

Familiar present: +20
    Those are the correct numbers now. Familiar summoned and not in the room is a -20 penalty. I added them to the positive/negative factors table on the wiki 925 article. Familiar in the room stacks with the other bonuses. Eg, wizard guild workshop w/familiar present is a +80 bonus.

Mark

One thing with the edit (everyone's a critic, right?), it reads like you could get the non-earthnode penalty in a workshop. As I read Estild's response, it sounds like the -40 only applies if the room is neither. I don't mind editing the wiki, but can anyone else confirm they read it the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by Jymamon View Post
    One thing with the edit (everyone's a critic, right?), it reads like you could get the non-earthnode penalty in a workshop. As I read Estild's response, it sounds like the -40 only applies if the room is neither. I don't mind editing the wiki, but can anyone else confirm they read it the same way?
    Although I haven't tested a non-noded workshop that's also my understanding. Only the workshop bonus activates without penalty.

>>Which brings me back to my other question then - do bonuses stack or are, as the wiki is worded, does only one or the other apply.

>They do not stack.

GameMaster Estild
    Mark

Sometimes I see things I want to see, so thanks for confirming. I see you've already clarified on the wiki, so thanks for that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Riltus View Post
    Although I haven't tested a non-noded workshop that's also my understanding. Only the workshop bonus activates without penalty.

Mark
    There’s no such thing as a non-noded workshop.

All workshops are nodes, but most nodes aren’t workshops.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    There’s no such thing as a non-noded workshop.

All workshops are nodes, but most nodes aren’t workshops.
    Actually, on the officials they stated that some were workshops without being nodes as well. So apparently you're a damned racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Actually, on the officials they stated that some were workshops without being nodes as well. So apparently you're a damned racist.
    Liar.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Sorcerer workshop on teras isnt a node