Page 121 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1275

Thread: Random (official) GM posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    I think it would be nice to have places in premium homes to display personal artifacts. Not storage like you see in private properties, but the ability to put that alabaster bathing maiden statue on your end table. I'm also a huge fan of the idea of being able to teleport to your home, WTB Hearthstone!

+1.

I had a portrait made on the Dhu back in '04, bought a room in the Dragonsclaw Inn, and waited for the upgrade to allow for item displays. Still waiting.

CHE's can have a display case built, why not homes?

"You're well beyond training for a reason."...Gelston

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Estild
    I have 56 ranks in water lore so I should be getting a 10% chance of not having a cooldown. I just casted rapid fire 25 times in a row to test and every single time, I had a cooldown when the effected ended. I tested this because during the last DR, I went thru must've been over a hundred rapid fires and never noticed a cooldown negation. Is there something I'm not noticing or a bug with messaging? Anyone else seeing this?
    I just tested it and it appears to be working fine. However, previously, there was no messaging to know when it kicked in (you had to type SPELL ACTIVE) to see if the Recovery debuff was listed or not. I added new messaging when Rapid Fire (515) is cast to note when the Elemental Lore, Water benefit kicks in.

GameMaster Estild
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

RF with no cooldown shouldn’t be a post cap goal on top of the RT nerf which was more than enough nerfing without slapping acooldown on it too.

Estild should just undo half of the dumb shit he did to wizards and stop being a penishead.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-13-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

This likely deserves its own thread but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Wyrom
    >>In fairness to those asking, this is because things don't get added if we don't ask for them well in advance. Plus we (apparently!) like the event ;-).

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just saying that the requests are already happening. I appreciate people actually understanding when to suggest features. Most suggestions always come too late.

>>Truth! it's also the next event we know about that we can request stuff for, and the only event for services/items of a certain level of mechanical value. What would you like us to do?

Like my answer above, my comment wasn't that it is a bad thing that people enjoy the event and its offerings. My comment was directed at the general thoughts about event saturation that was going on in another thread.

>>Non-undead bane (automated?) certificates please, and also ithziri armor automated certificates available at the opening of the scrip shop

Banes can't be automated. But other banes can certainly be discussed. What banes would people like to see? Be very specific (even if you don't think it exists). The 8 points of weighting or flares was something we tried, but banes aren't limited to those numbers.

>>and there are no alternative high end events!

This is because bloodscrip are already established. As I've mentioned in another thread (EG), I'm a stickler for keeping to story. Bloodscrip, while is just a currency, is linked to Bloodriven Village. I wouldn't want to use it at another venue. We could create another type of event at Bloodriven Village, sure.

>>greater elemental flare certs please

They will likely continue next year.

>>Please bring back the night shroud cloak and forest armor certs/waivers.

These will likely come back, but we'll discuss it more.

>>I'd like to be able to add lightning element resistance to armor or shields.

Resists are something I would like to add to an automated 2018 roster.

>>A 425 x/day item.

This would likely not come to Duskruin. It would be a limited release.

>>A crystal amulet that never shuts off as long as you're wearing it.

I think we have something like this. If not... /plots.

>>Limited quantity make-your-own-signature-verb certs. (Or swear, spell prep, bolt message, disk...)

This isn't a good venue for custom stuff. I need us to move away from that. Just to give you all an idea, I'm still working on stuff from April's run.

>>Oh, and even though nobody seems to be buying them, please keep the Ironwright contracts. I'm getting close, 124k bloodscrip and I have like 400 arena entries stuffed in a locker, so I'm within reach!

I believe we sold one or two.

>>Rare flare certificates. I need to add disruption flares to go along with my greater mood script.

Thanks for naming one. Any others?

>>Flares, resistance, combat-script adding (Ithzir, Reim, Voln, etc), Pick-your-own enhancive adding, weight-reduction at a lower price point, and greater moods, please.

Enhancive work is something for Summit Academy. We want to give Summit Academy specific goals. Greater moods, same issues, it's all custom work so it's not a very good venue. Weight reduction at a lower price point, would you just want to buy 1% at a time? Or do you mean it's too pricey at 5%? It sells quite a bit at its current price point, so it would be tough to move it.

>>enhancive swapping certificates

Same as above with enhancive work.

>>Lesser de-fusion certificates. They require an empty slot on the item to be defusioned, and cost much less than the previous defusion certs

Do you mean just have 1 enhancive added? There are sets of items with 5 fusion slots out there.

>>Banshee flaring

We have been talking about doing temp banshee flares but more often (at Duskruin). What do you guys think?

>>Sanctification removal certs.

Possible, but would not apply to eonake, white ora, or any other item that is naturally holy.

Wyrom, PM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Kaikala
    Hey guys,

Just a quick note about some minor adjustments on the Ritual Daggers:

(1) Previously on the Tier 2 daggers, you could only change your "grip" when it was held in the right hand; that is no longer true -- you can now do so in either hand.

(2) On the Tier 2+ daggers that have the ability to toggle between flavors (this is just a handful of you that have this) -- flavor-toggling is no longer done via CLENCH (due to the above update). Instead, you will need to ATTEND -- either hand -- to toggle the flavor.

(3) Tier 2 and 2+ daggers that are set up as Arkati or custom flavors -- for scarring via POINT, you should be able to toggle the preposition and the location now (see the ANALYZE if you're not sure how to do that) in the same way that the 'default' flavor allows. If your dagger is a custom flavor, you can toggle through the various locations/prepositions to use your customized description on now -- however, if you want to use your custom location/preposition, those are set up as a bundle -- just toggle to that custom location of yours, and it'll handle both the preposition+location; just toggle the location back to any default option and you can toggle the prepositions per usual.

(4) For Tier 2 and 2+ daggers, when you LOOK at your dagger when it is in-hand, when applicable it will now indicate what grip you're using & what flavor (if you are able to toggle between them) it's set to.

A few of you are waiting on your customizations still; I'll be touching base with you over the next few days if you haven't already heard from me.

~Kaikala

From nearby, you hear Ordim yell, "Dont eat meeeeee!"

The shaggy mutt sniffs at a vine-painted mistwood keg, then grabs it in its teeth and greedily wolfs it down before anyone can grab it!

This message was originally posted in Game Design Discussions, Items and Inventory. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/213/2292/view/3010

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Viduus

I actually didn't realize the spell messaging was changed so that only the caster sees, but in RP events, it is brutal for me to try to see what's going on in the middle of sometimes several screens worth of spells being tacked on to others then the spells dropping. I can squelch it, I can use a lich script to mitigate it, but it sometimes does cause a slowdown on my end, plus I can miss things. Personally, I would prefer a hard toggle like a flag setting, but even if the group version was changed to an evoke or channel, it would be helpful.

We're aware that players are currently unhappy with the volume of messaging that they're exposed to. Spell fade messaging is rooted in the current base design of spells, so there isn't a quick fix to eliminate it without going through each problem spell one by one. We also don't just want to rip out all fade messing as that would probably cause more problems than it fixes.

It helps to know the specific spells that are the biggest offenders for individual reviews. I was constantly seeing complaints about "group spells" being the offenders, even after I restricted the spell application + fade messaging to casters and targets. Now that I know the current offenders are the 2 minute group applications of single cast spells that people unlock with lore benefits I can look towards the right locations for potential solutions.

Viduus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Haliste
    Duskruin Dig is not planned for December. More information coming soon...

~ Haliste ~
    The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
    SGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Wyrom
    SGM Galene and I just spoke about a similar subject a week ago when it comes to the time line needed for CHE/MHO prep. Unfortunately, there are a lot of problems with the current setup that was put in place. One thing we've tried to overcome in the last 3 years is to modernize the game and offer less time constraints to both players and staff. MHO/CHE event policies are something we need to tackle in the near future.

The great thing about GemStone IV is we will support and allow player-run events as much as we can. But there are dozens of active MHOs/CHEs running events. It makes up the majority of our calendar these days. Look at today, for example. The majority of the evening is just player-run events. That's a big stretch of time. We also offer MHOs/CHEs a lot more tools and privileges nowadays like running raffles, having prize closets with scripted items, and around the clock support.

We also have over fifty staff members, with more than half being CE GMs. Those CE GMs have monthly projects that involve working with players in some capacity. Staff are not forced into a schedule due to their independent contractor status. They work on their own schedule, but we do try as hard as we can to avoid overlap. When it comes to overlap, we do ask GMs to try to schedule during our more congested population times. We also ask to try to start at either the top of the hour or within 30 minutes intervals. So in cases where a player raffle draws as the same time as a GM raffle, it will be a lot more common if it's at X:00 or X:30. GMs won't stagger things into X:05 or X:10.

As for pay events, dates and times are only tentative until about 30 days before they run. SGM Haliste and I plan to try to do better with that time table, but not all of it is within our control. Pay events are guaranteed the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December.

Like everything, nothing is perfect. We do as best as we can, as well as continually offer more.

Wyrom, PM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Mikos
    Guys,

Thanks for posting.

Before I provided the update to the wiki, I examined the scripts on the grinder, forge, and vise. And before posting this reply I have examined them again.

It turns out that the Vise DOES provide a second Gift of Eonak roll within the Extraordinary Success determination routine, unlike the grinder and forge.

I have updated the wiki description to reflect this.

Thanks again for speaking up.

- Mikos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Naos
    << I don't know what genius decided to make the penalties for ruic, but they were an evil genius. -60 penalty to enchant. >>

Hello! The attributes of materials are generally tied into the lore backing that material. When I assigned the enchanting difficulties for materials, I primarily considered the properties and descriptions from the materials document with some consideration for any history or reputation a particular material may have held. Ruic has some interesting magical flavor that excludes its use as a material for rune staves

<< Mossbark has a 0, and is +15...too much trouble to make mossbark bows with an extra enchant though for off the shelf merchant items (despite 4x mithril fusion shields as an example). >>

Let us turn this idea around: why not buy the mossbark bow at +15 and slap that extra +5 on it yourself? It is a minor enchantment project, so it should be of trivial concern and relatively minor time investment. I like to sell "pre-enchanted" stuff in my shops on occasion, but I typically do not do so because I want wizards (and low level characters) to have options, either for direct use or for enchanting as minor projects (some wizards do lots of minor projects.)

<< Like I said, please do something about this. >>

So, we could review the enchanting difficulty for materials in certain contexts. It is worth pointing out that the Ranged Weapons style of combat is the only style of combat that allows a player to trivially obtain the equivalent of +50/10x gear. Enchanting a bow up to +30 is more significant than enchanting, say, a longsword to the same level. Perhaps in a comprehensive review of an enchanting system, we can reconsider ALL of these aspects and how appropriate they are in today's Elanthia.

--
    Naos