With all the folders on the officials, sometimes there's useful (in varying degrees) information buried in odd threads or from conversations that have taken different courses. I figured a place to keep them in no particular order or topic would be beneficial. Especially due to the official boards being junk.

I'll start.

Phantasmal Beastial Swordsmen · on 4/4/2009 6:06:51 PM 582
The special ability of the swordsmen, to vanish and reappear thus negating your attack seems to have a fairly high % rate of triggering.

I was just wondering exactly what that % is. By my own, admitedly untrained counting, it seems to be about 20% of the time.

My other question is, how does that factor into EBP? Which one 'rolls' for triggering first? Does the 'vanish ability' roll first, or does it go through the whole EBP first?

Is there a way to negate their 'vanish ability' besides phase? It would seem to reason they should not be able to do it if they are in RT. Of course, that's ascribing a quality of will to the ability, rather it could be reflexive.

Re: Phantasmal Beastial Swordsmen · on 4/4/2009 6:11:30 PM 583
>>I was just wondering exactly what that % is. By my own, admitedly untrained counting, it seems to be about 20% of the time.

10%.

>>My other question is, how does that factor into EBP? Which one 'rolls' for triggering first? Does the 'vanish ability' roll first, or does it go through the whole EBP first?

Vanish triggers before EBP.

>>Is there a way to negate their 'vanish ability' besides phase? It would seem to reason they should not be able to do it if they are in RT. Of course, that's ascribing a quality of will to the ability, rather it could be reflexive.

Nope. It works identically to other non-corp undead phase out abilities insofar as Phase (704) is your only chance at guaranteed avoidance.

= - GM Oscuro - =

Cleric/Empath Team
Voln/CoL Guru