Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My vent thread

Women are the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    I think you need to keep in mind that her actions only made her seem unstable and may ultimately benefit you in the end. She has no legal recourse to keep you away from your child, and you WILL soon have the opportunity to have him in your life. It is a terrible situation, but it is somewhat temporary. Best of luck, man.

Not to hyjack this thread, but what takes place if one parent in a divorce where they have joint(?) custody moves out of state/custody? Whos responsibility is it to see that the other parent has access to the child? How are costs handled?
    Typically gets decided in the divorce... but in America it leans towards the mother unless she's a disaster.

Even the disaster part doesn't change things in some cases.

If your son matters to you more than anything, get a DAMN GOOD LAWYER. Expect to pay out the ass for him/her, but if your son matters to you more than anything, well, it's worth it. You will NEED a DAMN GOOD LAWYER. Otherwise, expect primary custody to be awarded to your wife.

If you're any kind of fuckup, or if she had what your average Joe might consider something like a decent reason to take her kid, you're up shit creek. Does she have pictures of you consuming alcohol? Does she have credit card receipts that show you probably consumed alcohol? Can she provided any evidence that you lost your job as result of some sort of problem you could have avoided? In other words, consider any possible way in which she might have told her girlfriends you'd been imperfect. Because unless you've been perfect in her girlfriends' eyes, you're fucked, absent having a DAMN GOOD LAWYER.
    Die to my brute: http://gsfaent.mybrute.com

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit
    Yea.. I tried to match your 2nd grade level of insults and failed.

However, an order granting (or modifying) custody or visitation cannot issue on an ex parte basis unless there has been a showing of immediate harm to the child or immediate risk the child will be removed from the state. [Ca Fam § 3064; Ca Fam § 6323(a) (incorporating by reference § 3064 limitation on ex parte visitation orders)]
    That suggests there may be some hope that your ex parte order will be granted.
    Die to my brute: http://gsfaent.mybrute.com

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit
    Yea.. I tried to match your 2nd grade level of insults and failed.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    I think you need to keep in mind that her actions only made her seem unstable and may ultimately benefit you in the end. She has no legal recourse to keep you away from your child, and you WILL soon have the opportunity to have him in your life. It is a terrible situation, but it is somewhat temporary. Best of luck, man.

Not to hyjack this thread, but what takes place if one parent in a divorce where they have joint(?) custody moves out of state/custody? Whos responsibility is it to see that the other parent has access to the child? How are costs handled?
    As far as I've seen with the moving out of state issue, most courts require the custodial parent to request permission to move more than 100 miles from their address & the parent moving is usually then responsible for half the transportation costs(at minimum).

To the op, your ex running off with your son is only fucking herself in the long run. Best of luck to you, it takes time but you can definitely get the courts to help you if you're patient(not the easiest to do with your child involved I know).

You're doing yourself a disservice putting your boy in Patriots gear! /joke

A very good looking kid. I wish you the best. I've been the kid of a couple divorces, so I know how hard it is. Fucking paying lawyers so much money sucks. My current "parents" just spent almost $100k just on lawyers in their divorce. I'm engaged, but I'm NEVER getting married.
    "If you can build it, we can build an arbitrarily larger version of it just to spite you. One-upsmanship is the core of our national character."

Quote Originally Posted by LMingrone View Post
    I'm engaged, but I'm NEVER getting married.
    So then why even be engaged?

If only Sean were here. He would know what to do.
    A message board is a place on the internet you can go to find out with anonymity why you dont speak more often at parties.

<<If only Sean were here. He would know what to do.>>

Drink, drink, drink, and wonder why they left...

On a side note, bullets cost less than lawyers.