Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My vent thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default My vent thread

As some of you may know from that Taken thread, I have a 2 year old son whom I love more then anything/one in this world.

Well this morning I woke up, noting my wife was not in bed, and the house was eeriely quiet. I got up sensing something was wrong and ran to the back bedroom to look out into the driveway, noticing a couple cop cruisers, my wife, some of her family members from virginia and their cars. She up and took my son with no prior notice and there was nothing the cops could do to stop them taking my son since no one had called before complaining of any problems. Sure we've been arguing the last month since there has been some financial stress. I was a subcontracter for Verizon Wireless when I was laid off the day before Thanksgiving. I've got unemployment coming in and we live in a family owned house so I don't have any bills asides from buying food and stuff for my boy. I feel like an idiot for letting her catch me off guard like this.

Following the cops advice I went to the courthouse immediately and filed for divorce and for an ex parte. Divorce is going through but the judges would not sign off on an emergency order. I've got shit in motion but it pretty much boils down to her getting served and having to come back up here with him on a specific date thats been set for a trial.

It's funny, yesterday the worst thing going for me was the problem of trying to get an old gemstone char back, and now this shit happens.

Here's a pic of my little man after he found out Vrabel was traded from the pats.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 03-12-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Wait, she called the cops? I'm confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

3. Default

She called the cops to come down and make sure I wouldn't stop her. The cop said because there was no record of their being any prior problems they could not do anything to stop her from taking him out of the state.

Dude, that sucks.

LETS VENT!!

... googling coors vent turned up:

Tell the cops that's your ex wife.

Man. I'm so sorry, but it sounds like you're doing what you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalTears View Post
    I ask people to join me in prayer that chillmonster STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Congratulations, you've reached Ilvane level bias...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    Clove, the crusher of dreams.
    π

Rough. I imagine it'd be even more poignant with a kid who seems that awesome. Good luck.

That really blows, i'm sorry. But you seem like you're on the right path. Don't let her get away with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

Blog Entries

I think you need to keep in mind that her actions only made her seem unstable and may ultimately benefit you in the end. She has no legal recourse to keep you away from your child, and you WILL soon have the opportunity to have him in your life. It is a terrible situation, but it is somewhat temporary. Best of luck, man.

Not to hyjack this thread, but what takes place if one parent in a divorce where they have joint(?) custody moves out of state/custody? Whos responsibility is it to see that the other parent has access to the child? How are costs handled?
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-12-2009 at 11:57 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    I think you need to keep in mind that her actions only made her seem unstable and may ultimately benefit you in the end. She has no legal recourse to keep you away from your child, and you WILL soon have the opportunity to have him in your life. It is a terrible situation, but it is somewhat temporary. Best of luck, man.

Not to hyjack this thread, but what takes place if one parent in a divorce where they have joint(?) custody moves out of state/custody? Whos responsibility is it to see that the other parent has access to the child? How are costs handled?
    Typically gets decided in the divorce... but in America it leans towards the mother unless she's a disaster.