Thread: MIU/AS for enchanting

Default MIU/AS for enchanting

I currently have 60 ranks in MIU and none in AS. I've been able to enchant up to 6x fine so far. I was thinking of switching the ranks from MIU to AS so I can read scrolls that are infused and I don't ever use wands. Will it effect my enchanting skill? Is MIU needed to pour potions and such?

They are both so cheap why don't you train both?
    Quote Originally Posted by GS3 Michiko View Post
    Let's go fuckers, I want to see more cock!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beguiler View Post
    I hadn't realized that I was a cockaholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ignot View Post
    They are both so cheap why don't you train both?

Beyond whatever enchanting benefits you get from it, there's nothing quite like getting monster durations from invoking and MIU (especially with the added duration from using RAISE). Admittedly I may have put more points into them than is really efficient given my mage's level, but when I was still playing him, I got 134 minute bursts of 103 by using RAISE. All that kind of stuff goes a long way towards prolonging magical items, especially stuff like my scrolls with the better spells on them.
    Plus if you use a runestaff, it's almost free magic ranks per level.

Well there's alot of people saying not having training in MIU is bad.. Not sure why since I don't use wands and am not sure what other use it has..

Is there a max in ranks for MIU & AS? Is it recommended to 1x for life or can I stop at a certain point? I just don't want waste points when I can put there somewhere else..

If you are a runestaff user, 2x both for life. They are the cheapest skills that add to DS.

And if you're not a runestaff user, and you're a brawl/sword+board they are so cheap you may as well just 1x for life. (Even if you're a mutant I think it's worth 1xing).

If you really must stop... I'd say having 30 ranks up until you go into spell burst areas would be enough.

MIU training is beneficial for pouring potions for purposes of enchanting. As previously stated, MIU and AS are the cheapest skills a wizard can possibly train in. I'm not sure I've ever used a scroll with my wizards yet and I have no idea if arcane symbols factors into enchanting at all but I still take 2x in arcane symbols.