Thread: Dimitri Martin.Person

Default Dimitri Martin.Person

New show on Comedy Central, it's about 20 more minutes. This guy is pretty damn funny, hadn't heard of him till now as I was watching it in between the office. But now I am just watching him.

Anyone else heard of him?

He (used to) be on The Daily Show. Looks like he got enough ratings on there to warrant his own show... which looks awesome, from the ads for it.

his comedy central stand up special was pretty funny.

The special is on right now. The show will be on tommorow
    Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    * I wonder if gold4cash.com takes internet gold? If so this kid is going to get us fucking paid. *

Ahh ok, I wanted more stand up, though it looks like it could be good

He's good. He's got that awkward sense of humor. Completely different than say...Dane, who's a story teller. Eitherway, he's pretty damn funny, definitely worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by Ruty1532 View Post
    He's good. He's got that awkward sense of humor. Completely different than say...Dane, who's a story teller. Eitherway, he's pretty damn funny, definitely worth watching
    Dane....since we are on first name basis, is also different due to the fact he is not funny at all and a complete hack. Anyone, and I do mean anyone, that likes him is a complete douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradii View Post
    Dane....since we are on first name basis, is also different due to the fact he is not funny at all and a complete hack. Anyone, and I do mean anyone, that likes him is a complete douche.
    QFT, except the douche part. He's just..not funny.

Edit:

I liked Dane Cook in that movie Dan in Real Life way better than I ever liked him as a comedian. He should stick to acting. He's at least mediocre there.
    Last edited by Wesley; 02-11-2009 at 07:58 PM.

9. Default

The only thing I don't like about Dimitri Martin is that I saw Mitch Hedberg first, and they have that same one-liner style. As much as I do find him amusing, I can't help but feel like Herberg did it better.

Still, I'll be tuning into his new show tonight without a doubt.
    You kick at a severed troll arm's groin and connect! For just a moment, the severed troll arm's face goes entirely motionless.

Chooz Your Shooz!
    House Sylvanfair

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    QFT, except the douche part. He's just..not funny.

Edit:

I liked Dane Cook in that movie Dan in Real Life way better than I ever liked him as a comedian. He should stick to acting. He's at least mediocre there.
    I think I used to like him, then I started watching him more, and I stopped laughing. His audiences kind of f'ed it up, it was a contest to see who could WOO or laugh the loudest. All his jokes just ended up being ties to old jokes, which the ties weren't great to begin with, and people just went insane for some reason when he did so.

None of it I laughed at though, then I started seeing vids of him stealing routines, not cool.

But I think it was when I was 18/19 or something when I liked him, I guess I used to laugh at everything.