Thread: Help with online music service

Default Help with online music service

Need some help. I need suggestions on managing my music library and best option to manage going forward. Here is my current situation...

1. Currently all my owned music is on itunes.
    2. I use Amazon Echo at home.
    3. I currently use an iPhone but may switch to an Android very soon.
    4. I'm an Amazon Prime member and also currently subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited, but just the single device (echo) option for $3.99/month.
    5. Historically when I found songs I really liked, I bought them via iTunes because I wanted to access specific songs whenever/however I wanted
    6. I don't want to spend more than $8/month on the ability to access whatever the hell song I want to, preferably less than that.

I don't want something for nothing, but given my financial status in life, I can't just fork over too much money for music. My initial plan was to upload my iTunes library to Amazon Music, but I'm not quite sure that's even possible any more, given what I've read. If I'm mistaken, please let me know. Or if I'm barking up the wrong tree as far as the best possible option to do what I want in regards to my music management, let me know. If there's some aspect I left out that's important regarding the best recommendation, let me know.

And as a side note, while I appreciate the relative swiftness and general internet knowledge of the PC, I would have preferred to use some type of Discord option to ask a question like this. I looked at the GS Discord channel but unlike PC, it doesn't have non-GS related channels for questions like this. So if there is a more real time way to ask questions like this to a user base that would have a good idea of how to answer, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction on that.

Thanks very much!

Blog Entries

In the early days of iTunes, purchased mp3s contained DRM that prevented or restricted you from transferring music between devices. I *think* some of that changed a while back, like you could pay more money to remove the DRM or something, but I couldn't tell you for sure. If your library is old enough there might still be some files that prevent transferring.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.