Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Bad Movie Have You Seen Lately?

I actually liked the series but I'm a hardcore fanboy. The swordplay is fucking amazing, if nothing else.

I'm not at all a fan of the books/games, and I thought it was on the good side of ok. The fights that only included Henry Cavil vs other people (like the end of episode 1) were really good, alot of the other hero actors and the CGI animators were not as good at fights (See the opening of episode 1, or any of the battles). Also, why didn't they just copy armor from the games instead of giving the baddies armor that looked made out of someone's 1970's black prom dress?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I'm afraid that the hunchback sex scene may have awoken something inside me, though.
    Just the phrase, "hunchback sex scene" awoke something in me. I'm not saying whether it was disgust or interest though. That's between me and my imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

I enjoyed the show, not a hyper fanboy but I really enjoyed Witcher 3 game. My only gripe is that there seems to be a lot of going back and forth in time (flashbacks) and it sometimes took me a while to realize this was a flashback scene.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I enjoyed the show, not a hyper fanboy but I really enjoyed Witcher 3 game. My only gripe is that there seems to be a lot of going back and forth in time (flashbacks) and it sometimes took me a while to realize this was a flashback scene.
    I agree, the flashbacks were over/mis used. I would of rathered they just told the story chronologically.

I found some of the flashbacks I was 4 or 5 minutes into the episode until I realized it was a flashback.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My Trade List (kept updated)
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...e-s-Trade-Bait

I am about halfway through Witcher and I like it ok so far, but I know nothing about it, never read the books, never played the game, so for me it is an all new thing.

Now for my bad movie, Joker. I wanted to like this, I really did, but all it did was depress me. Except for some silly plot adaptations to the Wayne family, it had nothing to do with the DC timeline. I will admit that if they named it something else, and got rid of the ridiculous plot tie ins it could have been an engaging movie. I thought Joaquin Phoenix's performance was good, even if he did look like a skeleton. But the movie had NOTHING to do with anything as far as DC is concerned. And now I hear they are making a sequel, I know what I will not be going to see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I don't think we have a bad TV show thread, but The Witcher on Netflix is bad.
    Tried watching it last night. It's very not good.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

8. Default

Enjoyed the Witcher books, loved each of the games, and three episodes in, I like the show well enough. I can see how it would disappoint people who only know the games, which took some liberties with the source material.
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."

I wasn't a fan of episode 2 I found some of the dialogue a little bit cringeworthy, but I watched all 8 and really enjoyed the narrative. I think this is the first netflix series I've watched where the cast was made up almost entirely of classically trained actors.
    Last edited by Winter; 12-22-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Blog Entries

I like it better than that fucking multiyear trash series you fags liked called Game of Thrones.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam