Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Random GS

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsun View Post
    For YEARS I kept typing in WEALTH then DEPOSIT #. I even tried to write a script to deposit amounts until I had less then 160 or so. Then a friend told me about DEPOSIT ALL.
    ::stare::

Eleven years and this is the first I've heard of deposit all. My new favorite verb!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomad View Post
    Yeah if the npc gives me a huge rate I'll hold onto it to be picked since it probably has an item in it, but under 5k I usually average out to 50% of the box's cost to get it picked.

It's useful in Vaalor and RR where about 5 rogues can open the top-level boxes.
    The price is based on the lock and trap difficulty and I'm pretty sure has nothing to do with the contents of the box.

I've blown 6k getting a box opened that had 1k coins and a shit gem like a clear zircon before.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

It has a lot to do with the content of the box, actually. I bet you that 90% of the boxes that cost you over 4k to open have a diamond quality gem or more in them.

I dunno. I've paid shitloads to get boxes opened that had nothing worth a shit in them, and I've paid almost nothing to get boxes open that have 10-15k worth of stuff in it.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesi View Post
    ::stare::

Eleven years and this is the first I've heard of deposit all. My new favorite verb!
    It'll take notes out of your pockets, for better or for worse. Just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by droit View Post
    It has a lot to do with the content of the box, actually. I bet you that 90% of the boxes that cost you over 4k to open have a diamond quality gem or more in them.
    Yeah this is my experience as well. If I lose silvers on a box, it's usually on the order of a few hundred, and that's only on cheap boxes.
    Last edited by Gnomad; 01-18-2009 at 02:37 PM.

They should have it so when you log into the game it displays a "verb of the day" or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by GS3 Michiko View Post
    Let's go fuckers, I want to see more cock!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beguiler View Post
    I hadn't realized that I was a cockaholic!

I'll try to remember to start keeping track of NPC cost vs. box rewards and post them.

I'll probably forget though, so you can probably forget I even posted this.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-18-2009 at 02:38 PM.

15. Found "As you rub your brigandine, a scintillating black aura engulfs you. You realize too late that something is terribly amiss." 108 times.
    16. Found "As you rub your brigandine, a scintillating purple aura engulfs you." 384 times.

I fucking hate 22% failure rate on an "auction quality" item, that already takes double mana. I should have stuck with glass amulets.
    I want a Game Genie code for "Only Get Uncut Emerald Bounties".

i was sitting in the landing well once and watched someone jump out of the tree a few times.

the third time they did it they flew into the well and snapped their neck.

probably the single funniest thing i've seen happen in GS.
    Last edited by TheLastShamurai; 01-18-2009 at 03:09 PM.

10. Default

As someone who uses the NPC locksmith 99% of the time, I can promise you that the majority of the cost on box opening is due to content. Boxes that cost 5k+ to open usually have something decent inside it, whether an orb/rechargible gem or a box found item. Trap size also plays a part, however, in my testing, disarming the trap plays no factor in the cost changing.

I generally go into the NPC with about 15k coins on me per 14 boxes, and usually end up with 0 coins at the end of it, not including any box found items. So essentially, I have a net loss when I find boxes. With warcamps, you always chance it for items, but after going back to Nelemar, I can pull 70 boxes and not find a thing, and it is starting to cost me.
    ~ Mario

"A chi dai il dito si prende anche il braccio."