Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Random GS

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Ponzzz View Post
    Playing plat, I pretty much only use NPCs for everything. It's mostly by choice now, because we do have people that will heal,pick, etc, but it became a habit when I'd play during these hours.

I think people just need to have a refresher course on the use of town NPC services.
    So by extension, if somebody were to set up a bot picker in plat, would that be okay? Basically the same as Larton, but the xp isn't wasted. And it's cheaper.
    Last edited by Deathravin; 01-18-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Blog Entries

I hate instruments, and audience reps. This isn't very random.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Anferis View Post
    I hate when I type boun trying to check up on bounties and I end up bouncing around.
    This is why I psinet alias dumb fucking verbs like bounce (and the shorthand versions like boun) to something not dumb. boun = bounty != bounce

Another key one is when I try to "go (b-word)" and it comes out gob. Then I gobble like a tool. Thus, gob = go b\r.

PS: No, I don't gobble tools.
    Last edited by Izzy; 01-18-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    This is why I psinet alias dumb fucking verbs like bounce (and the shorthand versions like boun) to something not dumb. boun = bounty != bounce

Another key one is when I try to "go (b-word)" and it comes out gob. Then I gobble like a tool. Thus, gob = go b\r.

PS: No, I don't gobble tools.
    OMFG, I'm so fucking stupid....I PSINET ALIAS things like GRIP so that I don't convert my old style bastard swords, and I don't think to use it to not bounce!!!! Wow, I'm a fucking moron.

For YEARS I kept typing in WEALTH then DEPOSIT #. I even tried to write a script to deposit amounts until I had less then 160 or so. Then a friend told me about DEPOSIT ALL.
    The Nalfein Kitten

6. Default

ya, deposit all and empty are some of my favorite verbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
    I hate people who lick my fucking cheek! Seriously, can you imagine if you walked up to all your friends in RL and slurped up on their face?
    My characters go off on people for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anferis View Post
    I hate when I type boun trying to check up on bounties and I end up bouncing around.
    They need to put in an alternate verb for this like Vaalor elfs get for giggle.

>giggle
    Just as you are about to giggle you remember that soldiers don't act like schoolgirls.
    (no 3rd person messaging)

And in the same token are people that cheap that they would spend an hour asking for a picker instead of going to Larton?
    Sometimes you end up losing money by using the NPC locksmith, so it's not really a matter of being cheap.

I use the NPC anyway though, because once in a while I come out ahead.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Sometimes you end up losing money by using the NPC locksmith, so it's not really a matter of being cheap.

I use the NPC anyway though, because once in a while I come out ahead.
    Yeah if the npc gives me a huge rate I'll hold onto it to be picked since it probably has an item in it, but under 5k I usually average out to 50% of the box's cost to get it picked.

It's useful in Vaalor and RR where about 5 rogues can open the top-level boxes.