Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just thought I would mention...

1. Default Just thought I would mention...

River's Rest is by far the best town in the game....so there?
    Ah, but you are alone. Who knows what you have spoken to the darkness...alone, in the bitter watches of the night, when all your life seems to shrink, the walls of your bower closing in about you, a hutch to trammel some wild thing in?

Too bad it takes a freaking week to get there; if you don't get kicked off the boat and left on Solhaven Beach. Then it takes 2 weeks. Ridiculous if you ask me (if they haven't changed it yet).

3. Default

They havent. The reason they have not and will not until all of the current residents leave is because the majority requested it. There are many different reasons why they do, and I dont feel like listing and then defending all of them.

I personally believe MORE areas should be like that. Nothing like an existing area becoming difficult like RR, but a new area now and then that doesnt take 3 minutes to script to and back.

Kris na Su'ta
    Ah, but you are alone. Who knows what you have spoken to the darkness...alone, in the bitter watches of the night, when all your life seems to shrink, the walls of your bower closing in about you, a hutch to trammel some wild thing in?

I'm all for realism once in a while, but when it takes hours and days to reach a virtual town in a game, it starts to get aggravating. I don't even think River's Rest is such a hot spot that it's the place you have to go to. Because of that change I never again had the desire to go there because of the traveling hassle.

There better be gold in them there hills for me to go there now.

5. Default

No, just a great sense of community (once you are accepted; people complain). Everyone stays in character and there are is a full cast of dedicated Roleplayers.

The townspeople are all very active on the Official boards and GM's respond to their request with good speed.

I cannot say enough about the town, its RP events, and the people. As I said before, best town there is.

Kris na Su'ta

I guess it just sounds like an elitist thing to have a town you have a hard time accessing and then you have to be accepted. It's just a town. If the RP is so strong, you don't need to have it isolated, it should be available enough so that people can get that sense of community as well. Solhaven most of the time has that type of feeling and you don't have to take days to get there. But that's my opinion, not everyone has the same feelings about all towns. <shrugs>

I am not a big fan of having to spend hours waiting to get someplace, or getting tossed off a boat.

If the people there want to be alone, then let them. I just can't be bothered to wait that long, myself. I always got along with people there too.

-A
    *Reserves the right to change her opinion at any time.

"I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything but I can do something. And, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do what I can." ---Edward Everett Hale

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.---Mark Twain

Hey I agree, all towns shouldn't be a 3 min script. But RR is just ridiculous. One day I literally spent hours tryin to get there. Showed up right after boat left, waited for next one......got kicked off, had to walk back from sol beach, buy another ticket....wait.....sail.......by the time I was there I was tired and logged LOL.

Even the trek to EN is better than RR. It's ridiculous.

9. Default

There are several valid points in this argument. Though many on the isle would not agree, I believe some modifications should be done to the trip.

1. The boat should never have a drop-off run only. Every time the boat comes to the island, you should be able to take the return trip.

2. The information on how and where to get the ticket and get to the ship should be READILY available to all who want to know. I understand the reasoning behind the current setup, but it also causes alot of undue hatred towards RR.

3. VERY RARELY should you be totally kicked off the ship. The added sense of danger I approve of, though it should be a longshot that you ever have to repeat the journey. Having to walk an extra distance once at your destination does not bother me.

Kris na Su'ta

10. Default

Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam
    There are several valid points in this argument. Though many on the isle would not agree, I believe some modifications should be done to the trip.

1. The boat should never have a drop-off run only. Every time the boat comes to the island, you should be able to take the return trip.

2. The information on how and where to get the ticket and get to the ship should be READILY available to all who want to know. I understand the reasoning behind the current setup, but it also causes alot of undue hatred towards RR.

3. VERY RARELY should you be totally kicked off the ship. The added sense of danger I approve of, though it should be a longshot that you ever have to repeat the journey. Having to walk an extra distance once at your destination does not bother me.

Kris na Su'ta
    I always wished that every now and then (most part because of Grandsome's hatred of the Imperial Navy) that the Navy boat would catch up with the Cutter and board it, leaving you the option of helping Knaydl fight off the ...Seamen (teehee) or surrender yourself. To make it fair for the real little guys, we could make it so they don't kill you, just take you prisioner and fine you a bit. (Or, make them like morphs, having it depend on what level you are as to how hard they are.) If you successfully help Knaydl kill off enough ...Seamen (teehee) they retreat and you go on your way. Depending how how many times you are caught could affect the severity of your punishment.

Or maybe sometimes, instead of running like a little girl, Knaydl could initiate the attack. Ooooo, and a real sucessful raid could give her another boat, reducing the wait time for a boat, maybe just temporarily.

Or maybe...I just watched Pirates of the Carribbean to many times....<shrug>

Anywho, shout out to SPC Darkbeam. 36 days and counting.....

Mason
    Who said that? Who the fuck said that? Who\\'s the slimy little communist shit twinkle-toed cocksucker down here, who just signed his own death warrant?
    Nobody, huh?! The fairy fucking godmother said it! Out-fucking-standing! I will P.T. you all until you fucking die! I\\'ll P.T. you until your assholes are sucking
    buttermilk.